Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Maybe we should consider a light for the driveway

The thing about doing errands at this time of year is that it's dark when we get home and we have no security light in the driveway to unload the car.  We've been doing okay with it except tonight when I heard something drop into the snow while unloading.  I reached for my keys in my pocket to unlock the front door and they weren't there.  Now I knew what had dropped.  So Zach went back to look for them and stepped on the keys and locked the car door.  So now I couldn't get the flashlight out to find the keys.  We had to keep walking around until we either locked the doors again or unlocked them.  Fortunately he stepped on them again and unlocked the car.  He got the flashlight out and immediately found the keys.  It was seriously dark where I dropped them.

I woke up this morning to a dead mouse in the living room.  I'm guessing it was Professor who killed it since Hannibal eats them.  Also there wasn't a mark on him and Hannibal always plays around with them until they die of boredom so there are lots of marks on them.  And I had just bought a humane trap, too.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't the only mouse in the house though.  I think we're the only ones I know of who have mice because of their cat.  He brings them in from outside and lets them go when he gets tired of playing with them.

I got a ton of books from the library tonight, including several knitting books.  I don't know why but I love to look at patterns, even the ones I know I'll never knit.  And I know I said I wasn't going to buy any yarn but two skeins jumped into the cart and I didn't have the heart to send them away.  It's for some mittens.  But this is for sure the last yarn I'm buying for a while.

I looked at ornaments at the store but didn't see anything I liked.  We have a table-top tree so the regular ornaments are too big and the miniature ones at the store were too boring so I plan on making some ornaments.  But don't worry, I have enough yarn in many colors to choose from.

I did get the rest of the Hamish Macbeth books, which are a quick read for me.  I've been reading one nearly every day, which is making my book numbers go up dramatically for the year.  But I also have some books on the list that are pretty hefty in page numbers so I don't feel like I'm cheating.  I know I can read a book a week without breaking a sweat so I'm good.

Well, supper is nearly done.  Roast beef and rice because apparently I'm out of noodles and didn't feel like making some this late at night.  It's been a while since we've had rice so this is actually a good option.  I'll add some broccoli on the side and we'll be good to go.

So I'm off to get things done since I was gone most of the day.

TTFN

No comments: