Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lots of zzzz's happening here

I think I slept most of the day away.  I got up, let Professor out, cleaned the kitchen and went back to bed to knit and watch a doc on The Dark Ages.  I still haven't finished it because I shut it off and went back to sleep.  I woke up around 4:30 to cook supper.  I sure hope I can get back to sleep tonight, but I sure did love all that sleep I haven't been getting.

Tom didn't get home from work until around 5 a.m. so he ended up sleeping until 3 p.m. and Zach has had insomnia from birth so we are one dysfunctional family where sleep is concerned.  But Tom is off work until Monday so he has time to rest up, revitalize and get back to a normal routine.  He really needs this time off.

The mitts I knitted for my uncle ended up too small so I gave them to Zach who has small hands anyway.  I'm using a thicker yarn to knit my uncle's mitts.  I'll make my dad some just like it.

I don't make resolutions because it's just a way to abuse myself by setting myself up for failure but I do hope to accomplish some things next year.  One being to organize the house better, do better on finances and frugality and to get some energy levels up.  But they're not resolutions.  They're merely suggestions.

I've also been knitting on my great-niece's scarf (she's about 5) which is a smaller version of the mariner's scarf...garter stitch with ribbing at the neck, then more garter stitch.  In pink, of course.  I don't intend to buy anymore yarn for a while. Hopefully not until summer.  I should have enough yarn to get me through.  Especially if I don't make any big projects.  Or only a couple of big projects.  I would like to finish the Tree of Life afghan and the sweater I've put aside for a while.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a more productive day but I don't regret having a day of near-complete leisure.

TTFN

No comments: