Friday, August 31, 2007

Eye Candy Friday



It took all summer to get some roses but they were worth the wait. Only two of my bushes really produced because it's been so dry. And I don't think I cut them back in time this spring. I should have done it in the fall but I forgot.

I couldn't believe it but I found a pair of UFO socks hanging up on the coat rack (in a bag, of course.) I think the pattern is Moonstruck in Woolease. Unfortunately one of the needles has pulled out and I had some ladders on the heel flap which is where the intarsia pattern is so that will have to be re-knitted. I have no idea why they got put there but I'm the only one who could have done it.


I also have a hooded sweater from Lion Brand's site that I need to finish. I deliberately put it away for the summer because it was too hot to work on it. I'm almost ready to bring it out. When I finish Jesse's Flames I will.

One of my sils stopped by today and was drooling over the Monkeys. She knits but for her it's not a passion so she doesn't do it much. I may have to make her some Monkeys. But not the ones I just finished. Those are my Monkeys. *grin*

She didn't understand the spinning though. She asked why on earth I was going to all that trouble. It's as I suspected. There are people who knit and people who are knitters.

I have a dream that someday I can knit some of those really gorgeous patterns from the major magazines in yarns that are luscious and soft. In the meantime, I knit what I can afford and what I need. But someday I will knit what I want.

TTFN

1 comment:

Julie said...

Are you loving the Pullman CDs? I sent them to my daughter after I was through (I read the books twice before listening - and I love his narration). I went to the movies last week and saw a long trailer for The Golden Compass. I can't wait!