Sunday, August 19, 2007

Achy day

Got home from church today all achy and not in a good mood. Nothing to do with church. I love my church and Sunday mornings are the highlight of my week. It's the gloom and pain. We need the rain desperately but my achy FMS body doesn't like it as much as the wildlife does.

So...I wanted to frog everything I was working on except for the Monkeys. I like the Monkeys even on my worst days. (BTW...they are fraternal twins and not married or cohabitating. They told me. Shhhh...don't tell the doctors the Monkeys talk to me.) But I didn't frog a thing. I just walked away from it. A couple of Ultrams later, I loved my knitting again. Except for the Caron Simply Soft. That will get frogged and made into snakes for the windows.

Snakes...you know...those knitted tubes of fiberfill that you put at the bottom of your windows to keep out the drafts.

Yes, those snakes. What did you think I was talking about? Sheesh.

Anyway, I started working on the swatches again and I'm convinced that ribbing is my Waterloo. I got some nice, neat stitches in my 1x1 ribbing but they all had ditches in them. Great gaping rows up and down the ribs. I'm going to research this and see just what the problem is. I never noticed this before but the baby sweater I've got OTN is the same way. Not going to sweat it today though. I've got a shawl to knit.

I did frog the Invisibility Shawl because it just looked awful. The pattern is lovely and delicate but the Symphony isn't delicate. So I'm doing a dishcloth shawl and it looks great. I love the diagonal graphing the yarn is making. It doesn't show up in pictures or if you look at it straight on, but just that glance at it from the corner of your eye...I like it.

No pictures today. My house is so dark and with the overcast sky (our streetlight has been on all day), I'm not going to even try.

There is one Red Heart yarn I do like a lot and that's Light & Lofty. I think that's the name of it. I use it to make prayer shawls. I knit them mostly for the elderly women in our church because they get cold. These are nice and warm but not overly so. And they knit up quickly. I just use a straight garter stitch and the variations in the texture and color make it so nice. And people in nursing homes or who have help take care of them need machine washable things.

Off to knit now that the pain has subsided.

TTFN

No comments: