Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not my best day

Do you have someone in your life who, when you get the greatest news...news that when you receive it you say, "I'm finally going to be able to sleep tonight," news that makes you cry because you're so happy, but that certain someone is right there to rob you of your happiness? It's like there are people on this earth who just want to suck the joy out of you like some kind of emotional vampire.


Yep.


Making headway on the plain vanilla Paton's Kroy. Nothing plain or vanilla bout these though. I got a few strange looks at the college today while I was waiting for Zach to get done with his computer lab. One woman asked me if I was knitting. I politely nodded and smiled.

I like the randomness of it. There is a little bit of pooling on the other side but it's not too bad.

Jesse's Flames sleeve. I'm so focused on the intarsia, I keep forgetting to increase on the edges. I like how it's turning out even if my increases aren't as evenly spaced as they should be.

I'm wavering on the Master Knitter program. I'm at a low point. I can't get the 1x1 ribbing to look like anything other than crap even though my other stuff looks okay. I know I'm just stressing over it and I do want to finish it because I sincerely have completion issues. For me it's fear of failure. So I don't finish last, I just don't finish at all.

I'll keep working but I don't think this is instilling confidence in me at all.

TTFN

3 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

1x1 ribbing stinks. I'm not particularly pleased with mine, but I can honestly say I've done all I can do short of tearing out hair. It's not a rib that I use often (if at all) because I don't like how it looks and it isn't even very stretchy. It's time to let the judges decide -- it'll either be good enough or it won't. And if it isn't, what's the worst thing? I have it knit it again, maybe with a clue as to how I can improve. I can do that. So can you.

Cookie said...

I hate emotion vampires. I hope they leave you alone, sweetie. And/or that you can make them go away.

What's going on with the ribbing? I'm new. Is it when you're using dpns? Or just in general. If you want some help/moral support, e-mail me. I may be able to help... maybe. ;^)

Kathy said...

I'm making swatches for the TKGA (The Knitter's Guild Association) level one master knitter program. Yup...some day I hope to be a master knitter. Thing is, I expect perfection in a master knitter (that would be me) and since my knitting isn't perfect, once a week or so I have a meltdown and once a week or so, Vicki comes in and calms me down.

I don't have your email address. Blogger won't let me reply from here and your profile from blogger doesn't have an email addy there. Feel free to email it to me if you like.