Saturday, August 4, 2007

No Saturday Sky

Tom has the camera tonight so no pictures. Hold your applause please. I am improving no matter what it looks like.

Worked on swatches last night and did pretty good. I'm going to go with the mindset that I'm being too hard on myself and just see what the judges have to say about it.

Got the instructions for the test drive today. I wanted to wait on the pattern before I bought the yarn. I'm not sure what happened but I ended up being led out of the sock yarn room to the main room and drove off with some Baby Ull in a beautiful forest green color. It is so soft that I'm splitting some stitches. I'll get used to it. I would love to get used to it. This yarn is so dreamy but I wonder how it will hold up as socks.

This pattern is very textured and I don't want to compete with a colorway. Michelle was a huge help but most of the sock yarns have some really neat colorways or were the wrong color. I had my heart set on green because I promised my sister a pair of socks for her sabbatical in Europe (do you think the socks will send me a postcard?) and I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.

Had to frog about 4 inches on the back of Jesse's Flames because I was so groggy when I was knitting last night that I picked up an extra stitch which left a gaping hole and an extra stitch in the pattern section.

I really do hate to sleep. I'd rather be knitting.

Zach pre-registers for classes Monday. I sure hope he can get some online so we don't have to shuttle him back and forth to Fond du Lac. It will be a minimum of 3 months before he could get his license.

Trying to read The Golden Compass in between knitting, cleaning and not sleeping. I like it so far.

TTFN

No comments: