Monday, August 6, 2007

Who thinks up these titles anyway?


I love the Monkeys. I took them with me to school while Zach signed up for classes. I sat in the car and listened to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on tape. Fortunately, I was under a tree and there was a nice breeze.

We were blessed that we will be able to get him to his classes. Just one class in Fond du Lac this semester. He'll probably have more classes up there next semester but he'll have his license by then and maybe we'll have another car by then, too. It takes about 40 minutes to get up there and his class is about 5 hours long so I'm not sure if someone will stay up there or we will go back to get him. I shudder at the increase in our gas bill making two trips up there and back.

I've been struggling with the test-knit socks. The problem isn't the pattern, it's the yarn. I needed a sturdier yarn, I think, than baby yarn. I just can't afford to buy anything more yet. I may have to drop out and use the yarn for something a little less hard on the yarn. The test-knit socks have lots of cabling and while the pattern is fun, the yarn isn't.


Plus, I don't think I really have the time right now, with starting a new job and Zach's college and all the other projects I've got going on. I haven't been spinning much lately. I got my spindle out today and spun up a rolag. I'm not bad at spinning, but my rolag isn't put together too well and keeps falling apart and my yarn breaks and I have to figure out how to splice it back together again. I can't wait until I can use some commercial roving.

This is what I'm listening to. I love the soundtrack to POTC: At World's End. I've got Curse of the Black Pearl as well. Not to mention the LOTR soundtracks. On my dream list is to get Mozart's Requiem Mass on cd, too. I've got it on vinyl but don't have a working record player.



I'm making progress on my swatches. I decided just to work them up and submit them. The judges can tell me what's wrong with them, but I need to get moving. I don't want to wait forever to finish this course.

I don't crochet much or very well (my height gauge is always off; width is fine) but this inspires me to pick it up again. What's even more amazing is she's using just the chart because the directions are in French. Wow!

I'm not worthy.

No comments: