Monday, August 13, 2007

Swatch & Monkey

Here's the seed stitch swatch, unblocked. I used Lion Wool, size 7 needles, continental knitting except for the bind off in which I used Norwegian purl to tighten up the stitch a bit. I still have a couple of slight holes in the bind off row but blocking will take care of that. I think I'm ready to go back to the 2x2 rib swatch now...without having a meltdown.

Finished one Monkey finally. I've not been knitting as much as I would like so I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. I know I am though. I'm doing research for the TKGA Master Knitter program, level 1 and I'm scouring fleece, carding and spinning. Not to mention all the other tight-waddy things I do around the house. But I'm not finishing any projects. sigh


It looks like StuffMart has reneged on their offer to hire me. I know I should call, but when I had the phone in my hand today, finger ready to punch in the numbers, I asked myself...do I want to work for someone who already is treating me like crap?

I'm going to keep looking for another job, one that has a schedule that will work for us, what with me driving Zach around and all. I'm going to take advantage of the time in Fond du Lac (4.5 hours) to work on my knitting and reports for Master Knitter. I can hang in the library when the weather gets bad, or go to a coffee shop or something.

He is so much the boss of me.

TTFN








2 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Looks good from here, Kathy!

fleegle said...

I know that I would not have the patience to do the TNKA program. Hats off to you for attempting it!