Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Somebody stop me

I went through my UFOs today and found a sweater for my great niece that just lacked the sleeve, but when I got a good look at it, I hated it so...yup...I frogged it. I like the colors and the stitch pattern but hated the faux-cable ribbing. Plus, for some reason, it was way too big. It knitted to gauge when I swatched it but my stitches are way loose so I decided to just make a plain vanilla sweater for Rylee and use the color/stitch pattern. It's Caron Simply Soft and this is the first time I've worked with it. Can't say I'm crazy about it, but as far as acrylics go it's nice and soft. I think I still prefer Lion Brand Woolease for my acrylic needs.

Of course, if I weren't using up my stash, I would be going with a wool yarn. Maybe Cascade 220. I made some socks out of that and loved it.

I feel like I've grown so much as a knitter this past year. Before I wouldn't dare deviate from the pattern. I had no confidence.

Then I started a baby sweater out of Bernat baby yarn, sport weight. The pattern calls for fingering weight but I'm just going to make the necessary adjustments. We have two expectant couples at church and I want to make something for them. One is due in the fall, the other in February. Again...using up the stash.

So I really needed to cast on two new projects.

I did manage to work on Jesse's Flames today but Zach kept coming into the living room (on any other day he wouldn't leave his room except to eat or make a bathroom run and his room is right next to that room). Not that he notices much what I'm working on but I'll wait until bedtime.

Speaking of bedtime, I'm having to move back to the living room, at least for a while. I'm having a flare up of my fibromyalgia and the stairs bother me. Tom asked me to because he's afraid he's going to come home and find me at the bottom of the stairs. So I oblige. The couch folds out to a bed and isn't a royal pain to make so I'll do it. It will be nice not making several trips up and down the stairs in the middle of the night.

Well, off to make up the bed and knit while watching Angel, which I taped this morning. I need to make a library run Friday so I'm trying to come up with an idea for a tv series to get from them. I've pretty much seen all their British mystery series, but I'm thinking of Stargate or Battlestar Galactica. Are they worth sitting through? I might have to go on a waiting list though. Farscape has a hugely long waiting list.

TTFN

No comments: