Thursday, August 9, 2007

Screaming out loud!

Stuffmart still hasn't called and now I'm second-guessing myself and wondering if he said a couple of weeks rather than a couple of days. Tom wants me to call them but I don't know who to ask for or what to say. I hate being this bashful.

I'm ready to scream over my TKGA swatches. Or rather swatch 1. I do okay with it and when I move into garter stitch, my knit stitches in the ribbing open up like a flower blossoming. Aaargh! I've never had this much trouble with ribbing before in my life. And the more I work on it the worse it gets. I have done this one swatch exclusively for two days. I mean hours and hours just working on 2x2 ribbing. I've tried every method, three different needle sizes, two different yarns, different tensions. And in every single one of them I have at least some of my knit rows opening up.

This isn't my neatest swatch but I wanted to show the vertical ditches I am getting.

I don't know if anyone reads this blog but if they do and know the answer, I wish someone would tell me.

1 comment:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Hi Kathy, I'm working on Master's Level I swatches, too. Best tip(s) I have for you: Do the seed stitch swatch first (this is a tricky swatch and you may need to adjust needle size in order to get something you like, AND you need to use the same needle for #1-4 & the cable one); read all the "Cast-on" articles having to do with swatching for the Master's. So far, I have found the one on Tension to be invaluable.