Wednesday, August 22, 2007

WIP Wednesday


The Monkeys!

Watched Pan's Labyrinth yesterday. It was a really good movie but since it was all in subtitles I had to do a lot of rewinding when I missed something. Not a great knit movie, but a good movie if you don't ever have to look down at your knitting

Sorry for the lousy quality of pictures. I got a book from the library so I can learn how to do this better but I haven't read it yet.


Zach's cell phone case. Lion Woolease, size 2 needles. I knitted a casing instead of yarnovers for the mini-biner. I was afraid yo's would stretch out over time. It's a denim blue color.






Dishcloth Shawl made with Red Heart Symphony, a lovely brown, tweedy color. I love the texture the garter stitch makes. It will make a lightweight shawl for me to wear at church or whenever I'm out. I think it will go with jeans or with something dressier. I had to go with a pattern that wouldn't require blocking since I'm working with acrylic.








Antique Lace Shawl from Annie's Crochet Newsletter, 1993. Bron has been crocheting some lovely things and I've been bitten by the crochet bug. I find most patterns are cumbersome and boxy. I don't like the bulk of crocheted clothing, but that's just me. YMMV. I've been wanting to knit a lace shawl but don't have any laceweight or the money to go buy some so I thought this solved several problems at once. The color is a lovely light sage green.


Jesse's Flames front. The back is done as well but since they look so much alike...




Jesse's Flames, left sleeve. The yellow part of the flames are duplicate stitched on. I'm not that practiced with intarsia so I'm taking my time with it. Lion Woolease.


TKGA Swatch 1 and 3, unblocked. Same wool.



TKGA Swatch 1 unblocked, size 7 needles. Not perfect but I'm going to submit it. This is, quite honestly, the best I can do. Lion Wool, yellow. Not that you can tell from the picture.



Baby Bobbles sweater in Bernat baby yarn, sport weight. It's a pastel yellow but my lighting is the pits.

3 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Your swatches look as good as any I've seen -- and better than some. I think you're on the right track. I need to block mine (#1-3 & 14) and do the writing, and then go forth and knit some more.

That's the plan, anyway.

Kathy said...

Thanks. I'm hoping the rest of the swatching goes smoother though. No more meltdowns, I hope. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog bc I was looking for info on making a dishcloth shawl with the Red Heart Symphony yarn. May I ask what size needles you used, how many strands and also how many skeins you used to complete your shawl?

A local store has 2 shades of symphony yarn for 99cents a skein, I only bought two, but am definitely going back for more! I've never used it before, so it's exciting to think of the possibilities! When I first saw it, the shawl was the first project I envisioned making with it, and since my sister has been wanting one for years, I guess the time has come, ha ha.

TIA!

Meme
rsdcontact@yahoo.com