Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Some WIP for Wednesday

One of the bad things about WIP days is how badly I am at adding pictures and text together.

The 1x1 swatch. Lion Brand Wool, size 7 circular needles, reverse combination on the ribbing, continental on the garter stitch. I keep wondering about all the hours (and I mean hours) that is going into each swatch. It seems insane on one level, but on another, I have analyzed my knitting to such a degree that I am more aware of what I am doing so that I can work on fixing years of complacent knitting. I can see a difference in my projects already.





My dishcloth shawl in Red Heart Symphony. I love the woven look to it. It reminds me of the shawls from pioneer days but with a lighter drape. Not that I was around then.


My handspun black sheep wool. The second picture shows a browner cast to it but this is closer to the true color. I started with size 11 needles but my yarn is so much thinner now that I should start plying pretty soon. I haven't had any breakage yet but some of it is laceweight and some fingering weight. And every now and then I have a lump in there. I'm getting so much better at my rolags. I just need to set aside some time to work more consistently on it.




I have more WIP but I've been showing some of them in other entries this week. They are certainly more colorful than this bunch but it's a gloomy day (again!) and this pretty much reflects my mood today.

Something is going on at 6 a.m. every morning that sets the Professor off and he barks his fool head off in near hysteria, which brings me up out of a dead sleep where I stumble down the stairs with my arthritic knees and plantar fasciitis feet to shush him. By the time I get him soothed, I'm awake. Since I don't usually fall asleep until 2 a.m., this is creating a deficit. And as far as I know, there is no sleep bank where you can store up sleep for just such occasions.

And when I try to nap in the afternoon, the ratbastard cute little squirrels frolic outside the windows, tormenting him, which sets him off into another frenzy of hysteria. I think I may sleep in the car while waiting for Zach to finish his psych class today. It's going to be the only time he can't wake me up.

Little dogs aspire to such great heights in the dog world.

Thankyouthankyou Vicki for your encouragement yesterday. I feel better about myself as a knitter thanks to you.

I have startitis. I have to admit it. But do I have to stop it?

TTFN

No comments: