Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The snow, she just won't leave us alone

I woke up to snow this morning. As I had to get to town and the truck is crap in the snow, I scurried to get ready and headed off before anyone else was up. It wasn't accumulating a lot on the roads but the drifting was causing some unexpected (unless you were very familiar with where it drifts every time it snows like I am) dicey areas. I adjusted my speed accordingly but I was very glad to be in the car and not the truck.

I got some books that were in and Tom's Boston Legal dvd. Which I intend to watch as well before I take it back. I also got Supernatural season 4 as well. I was surprised it came in so quickly.

I slept a lot today instead of getting much done but I really did need the sleep. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow so I can get a lot of things done, getting the seedlings started for one. Laundry for another. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself as Anne reminds me in the comments yesterday. I do tend to beat myself up emotionally over my limitations. Which is a reminder that the things people say to you when you're young can still work their damage decades later.

I finished up hat number 15 and started 16 soon after. Giving myself permission to adjust my goals removed the pressure and restored the fun in knitting the hats. Now I want to knit them instead of dreading it. And I still enjoy the blankets very much so that's never been an issue. I do miss knitting my sweaters but I think they will be that much more fun when I can get back to them.

Zach needs a new winter coat. His is ripping at the seams but it's a very difficult place to repair since the weight of the pocket pulls on the seam , plus there is little seam allowance in the first place. Some of the coats are as low as $9 but one I really liked is $20. They're on sale, of course. I'll take him later this week so he can choose. All these things just keep adding up. We could wait until next fall but they'll be even more expensive then. I tend to shop when the season is over rather than as it's beginning. My coats are fine and so are Tom's. Plus I tend to get mine from the thrift store. Zach needs one that gives him a more professional appearance as he hopefully goes for job interviews soon.

It looks like Midsomer Murders tonight and lots more knitting. I'm going to take a pass on Ghost Hunters. If I need to, I can pick it up on OnDemand. I also noticed that Black Books is on hulu.com. I'm ecstatic as that is one of my favorite shows ever. I plan on watching it very soon. It's awkward watching on the computer but the couch is just to my right so I can turn the monitor and watch from there. And knit.

Supper tonight is leftover chicken in home-made macaroni and cheese and broccoli. Not terribly imaginative and a bit high protein but tasty nonetheless. And pretty economical.

We're not expecting much accumulation so I don't think we'll wake up to a lot of snow but it's still lost it's appeal and I'm looking forward to sunshine and green grass. Still, since there's nothing I can do about it, I'll try to adjust my attitude and learn to love it. It still looks beautiful falling. And it does pretty up the old, dingy snow that we've had on the ground.

I'm trying, I'm trying.

Off to finish up supper.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Amen to the snow. I'm ready for spring!
Take care
and stay warm
Vicki