Monday, February 8, 2010

Anticipating the storm

We ended up not going to Slinger because it occurred to me last night that Monday morning wouldn't be the best time to go to medical records since they have requests to send out that have been piling up all weekend. Unfortunately the weather doesn't look cooperative for the next couple of days so we'll go when the weather permits.

It looks like we might get a foot of snow. I'm not amused. We've seen flurries off and on but nothing big so far. It could all be hype and we won't get much accumulation at all. I can hope, anyway.

So I spent today doing some deep cleaning in the kitchen. I scrubbed the stove down and it looks so much better but the more I clean, the more I find in the kitchen that needs cleaning. I've decided to just work on surface things for now and get into the deeper things, like walls, after I've caught up. Tomorrow, if we don't go to Slinger, I'll tackle the bathroom again.

But I need a new mop. Or a new mop head at least. The old one isn't much help with mopping; it's worn down to nothing. But I'm not going to the store for a week or so. I'm not making a special trip. I could do it all by hand with my scrub brush and down on my knees but those joints aren't favorably inclined to do that, having arthritis and all.

I'm also doing 3 loads of clothes. In the dryer. It's warming the house up nicely. Not to mention all the activity is heating me up a bit. I still need my layers of clothing though. I like using the dishwasher again. It's so nice not only to get it all done in one fell swoop, but also someone else can help out with it. Frees me up to do other things.

I also must get the seeds ordered tomorrow. I keep putting it off but pretty soon I'll need to start them (and find a place to let them grow where they can find the sun.) I also need to plot out the garden...where I need to till it up when the ground thaws a bit. And get a cutting from the grapevine to start another one. I don't know if I'll be able to get the pruning done with a foot of snow on the ground though. We'll see.

I have so much I want to do. Now I just need to find the stamina and strength and energy to do it all.

Zach is working on his portfolio and putting in applications. And doing his chores around here. I don't think he misses school either.

I've started supper a bit later than I usually do. I didn't get the kitchen done as early as I had hoped but now it's time to get busy cooking.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
Don't you love having a list of things to do...and then the satisfaction of crossing them off when their done! Sounds like you have some great plans in the works...now you just need the warmer weather...I'd send you some of our Ozzie heat if I could!

Best wishes Anne

Kathy said...

I love the list but at times it can get a bit overwhelming. I need to pare it down to a doable weekly or daily list and then maybe it won't seem impossible to achieve.

Warmer weather is on the way, I'm sure. And I'm just whiney enough to know that come August I'll be complaining about the heat. :-)

Enjoy your weather. I love watching the gardens grow down under and getting some good ideas for my garden this spring.

Thanks for commenting and good to "see" you again.