Monday, February 15, 2010

On the run

Today was a hit-the-floor-running after I finally got up out of bed. Had to go to town to drop off some applications for Zach and then on to Slinger to find out that it wasn't the right clinic anymore so we had to backtrack to Hartford where we sat and waited for half an hour to finally get in and get his records signed so they can go their merry way to the insurance company.

As we were leaving to go to town, Professor made a stand between me and the door and wouldn't budge so we took him with us. He loves to ride in the car but we haven't taken him in a while. I dropped him off when we headed off to Slinger but he wanted to go again. Since Tom is off for a couple of days of vacation he had to placate the boy while we drove away.

I must make more of an effort to let him ride along once in a while. I didn't realize how much he loves it.

As a result of the miles I put on the car, I got nothing else done except some yarn winding. I'm also not feeling well. Don't know if it's a bug or just dry air but I'm coughing and achy. Well, heck...I'm always achy so it's hard to tell.

Off to knit and watch the rest of All Creatures Great and Small and Midsomer Murders which starts in a few minutes.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Dogs are so loveable, they are equally excited whether riding around the block or on a long trip, as long as they are in the car. My last dog, always went to Walmart with me. I would ask him, ready to go to walmart, and he would run to his leash.
Vicki

Kathy said...

I used to prefer cats but when my cat died a few years ago I swore off of animals altogether. I just didn't want my heart broken again.

Then Zach got Professor and I tried hard to let him and Zach bond but he seemed to prefer me and before you knew it, we were in love. LOL

He's had my heart ever since.

Even at 4 a.m. when he wants to go out.