Sunday, February 21, 2010

Doing that rest thing on Sunday

It looks like the amount of snow has been down-sized since we are at the northern edge of the storm front. We're only looking at 2-4 inches, which isn't so bad in the scheme of things.

I didn't make it to church today. When I woke up this morning I was barely able to move so I took a pain pill and went back to bed. I woke up again at 1 p.m. I have no idea why I slept so late. The pain pills don't normally make me sleepy but I felt all the better for it. Unfortunately Zach had a Vestry meeting after church that he wasn't able to make. I feel bad about that but the pain was significant and no way I could have sat through church with that much discomfort. I feel much better now. Still a bit achy but functional again.

I decided to do the second blanket in the same pattern. Partly out of laziness; partly out of the sense of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The second blanket is blue and apricot. The first one was purple and pink. I'm still stuck on hat number 15 though. I may be just a touch burned out. I'll catch up soon though.

I gave up on Rumpole. I just couldn't get into it. It was okay but I wasn't loving it so I switched to the second season of House. I'm loving that show. Then I've got Midsomer Murders, set 11, and the first two series of The Last Detective. I have some things taped as well. I taped the first two shows of Survivors on BBCA. The previews looked good. We'll see.

I ordered the first season of Boston Legal from the library for Tom. He just discovered the show and loves it. It's pretty funny so I might watch it as well. It's hard for me to keep up with the shows while they're on regularly because I miss a night or they're not on or they switch the times due to specials that are on so it's good that I can watch them this way.

Zach asked for more chores around the house so I let him take over cleaning the bathroom and a few other chores that free me up for more things. He's a good kid...or I should say, he's a fine young man. He's got applications out to a few places but has heard that one of them is going to be hiring next month. We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed. But only metaphorically.

The knitting is calling to me and I must respond. I'm a slave to my passions, after all.

TTFN

No comments: