Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pass the heating pad

While Tom is away up north killing fishes and enjoying his vacation, I decided to work upstairs which I can't do when he's home since he sleeps during the day, even on the weekends. I crawled into the attic looking for clothes I had "outgrown" several years ago (jeans never go out of style) and anything else I needed to get out of there.

What I found was a squirrel's nest in my clothes bag. Ew. Those clothes are going through the wash right now...except for the shirt that looked like it was used to give birth on. That one was walked immediately to the trash.

I also found a stash of yarn, mostly acrylics but some wool. I had forgotten about this...for like 10 years. I got this huge bag at a yard sale and for whatever reason hid it away in the attic. There is enough baby yarn (Red Heart) to make a sweater and hat set but the rest will most likely end up as toys. The wool is less than 4 ounces, fingering weight so I don't know what to do with it. Something will come to mind...when I get one. A mind, that is. Don't ask.

Also what I did on the first day of vacation is to attack the black pit that is Zach's bedroom. Oh, for the days when OCD reigned supreme and he had to have things orderly. Not really. Had to trash his mattress and box spring. They were nothing but painful to sleep on and replaced them with one of the bunk beds. His room is too small for a full size bed anyway.

Which meant a lot of moving, lifting, bending over and maybe a little swearing. The 's' word comes to mind.

I have not done any knitting today and it's getting to the time of day when I sit down to watch Torchwood. Must get the house back together or I won't be able to relax. My OCD hasn't gone away.

Watched Grudge 2 and An American Haunting last night. Both excellent movies in different ways. Japanese horror has a creep factor that U.S. horror just doesn't get. But American Haunting was deliciously spooky. And I didn't see the ending coming at all. I like it when that happens.

So...tonight Torchwood. Tomorrow SG-1 season 3.

Off to put the house back together again.

TTFN

2 comments:

Angie said...

Gee Whiz, you've been productive! Those dratted squirrels, how darn they! I find OCD comes in handy for me to get stuff done. However, I'm not OCD about OCD. That is, it comes and goes.

Kathy said...

Oh, yeah. It's bad enough they set up housekeeping but I'm expected to provide for all the little rug rats? I don't think so.

And I'm not done yet. I charged Zach for cleaning his room. Maybe next time he'll do it himself. Ha! Now I have to clean the rest of the house. Have you ever noticed that you have to completely destroy the house in order to clean it? What is up with that???

My OCD doesn't go away. sigh Neither does Zach's really. His has never been about cleanliness. Germs, yes. Dust, no. A picture askew? He has to straighten it. Piles of trash and dirty dishes? Nah. Doesn't bother him a bit.

OCD is so selective.