Thursday, September 20, 2007

Knitting-mojo-vampvirus

I need some mojo-boosting vitamins today. Haven't gotten much of anything done today and pretty much everything I tried to do didn't. I gave up on spinning today when the yarn broke for the hundredth time in less than an hour. I tried pre-drafting yesterday and it went well. I tried it today and it went to heck in a hand-basket (which is a lousy way to travel, not having shocks or anything to compensate for all those bumps in the road...and it's small...no room for luggage...and no shade...and the bugs get in your teeth.)

I was so proud of myself when I calmly got up and moved the kick-spindle to its place and didn't drop kick it like I wanted to. I have so much restraint I just impress myself to no end.

Then I went to work on the right front of the cardigan for Rylee and had to tink back four times because I kept messing up on the same row of lace. It's not like I'm an idiot (shut up!) and can't read a pattern. I wasn't even watching television because I accidentally turned on the timer to the vcr and taped over A Chorus Line that I wanted to watch today and instead taped Uncommon Threads which was about quilting, which is not my thing, and Annie Modisett, who did the corset-T on Knitty Gritty but I was watching it at the time and you would think I would notice the stupid vcr was taping but no, I didn't so now I'll have to get A Chorus Line from the library but I probably won't because I'll lose interest by tomorrow when I go.

Where was I?

Oh, yes...so I finally got the row and went a few more and decided to do the grocery shopping today instead of tomorrow because I'm out of everything. I did manage to do that without messing up but I spent way too much money...because I was out of everything, no doubt.

So now I'm hesitating to pick up any knitting today because I'm afraid I've been secretly attacked by some kind of knitting-mojo-vampire who sucks all the knitting mojo out of you.

No, I'm sure I read about that somewhere. I know they exist. Maybe I saw it on Buffy.

So now I'm cooking supper but staying out of the kitchen as much as possible. And I'm not handling any knives.

I hope this is just a 23 1/2 hour virus or something...knitting-mojo-vampvirus. Sounds about right.

I don't dare go near anyone knitting today. It might be contagious.

1 comment:

fleegle said...

Those are the days you just stay in the bathtub. Don't get out--you might slip!