Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday ramblings

Tomorrow is the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool festival and I'm both excited and dreading it. I really want to go but my husband walks at a pace that race walkers would envy. Everywhere we go I am at least 10 feet behind him all the time so I don't know what tomorrow will be like. And shopping? I hate shopping with him. He has no patience to just look at things and wants to get what he needs and leave.

Hence the duality of minds.

I will take pictures and try to take notes but with Speed Racer alongside I don't know how well that will work.

Although he does seem to be excited to go so maybe he'll take pity on my poor feet and knees and give me a break.

I do plan on taking my shopping cart along. No, I won't look like a bag lady but I'm not going to lug my purchases in my arms, especially if I find a fleece I can afford. It's collapsible and kind of tall. I got it in San Diego when Tom was out to sea and I had a toddler and an uphill block from the carport to lug groceries to an upstairs apartment.

And of course, the Jaywalkers will go with me. They might even pose for a picture or two.

I've been working on the blanket for Rylee but I've had to do an enormous amount of tinking because I'm just not paying enough attention and am missing yarnovers. I have days when I live in a fog due to fibromyalgia so maybe those should be the days I work on the patterns that don't require a lot of concentration.

I got the yarn for Shae's blanket. She loves purple so I found some pretty purple in Caron Simply Soft. For these girls acrylic is the right yarn for the project. I make no apologies. Plus, the price is right.

I haven't forgotten TKGA. I'm working on my cable swatches which are not causing a meltdown but I do need to refine how I do them. It's not too bad actually. I may only have to do a couple of them.

I've been able to walk Professor at night and last night we even ran. Of course, we ran because I walked into a swarm of mosquitoes. And I really mean a cloud. It was so thick I must have looked like a maniac to the people driving by on the major highway that runs behind our house. I was running, waving my hands frantically over my head and around my face. I looked like an idiot. But I've never seen that many mosquitoes in one place at a time.

Next week Zach has a full schedule at school so I will spend a lot of time knitting and listening to books. I'm almost done with The Subtle Knife and have Death of a Cad on order from the library. I'm in a Hamish Macbeth mood. I love the tv series but I much prefer the books. It's not so much the cleverness of the murder solving, but I love the community. I wish I lived in one like that.

I have Stargate SG-1, season 2 to watch next week as well. Boy howdy do I love the library.

I have to decide what I want for my birthday and I'm wavering between Buffy the first season or Sock of the Month club. Which should I choose?

TTFN

1 comment:

Sonya said...

You should tell him to walk with you so he will know how much you are buying.
Otherwise you can buy whatever you want.