Monday, September 3, 2007

Hello, my name is Kathy and I'm a process knitter

I can't believe I did it but I frogged some projects last night. One being the Paint Box socks because I didn't like the plain-ness of them. I know the colors are wild but I think they would be enhanced with a pattern so I frogged them and cast them on as Jaywalkers.

Then, I frogged a blanket I was crocheting in tunisian crochet. Decided I wanted to do something else with the yarn.

After that I frogged the sweater I was making my great-niece because, darn it, I just didn't like the pattern. Never mind it was Caron Simply Soft. Which I'm beginning to change my mind about and thinking of using again. I have some pink upstairs in my cabinet that I was thinking of making a circular blanket for said great-niece instead. Using this pattern. If Jared can do it, why can't I?

I don't have the particulars worked out yet but I love the pattern. I'll keep you posted.

I stopped myself from frogging the lace shawl because I've already done that once and regretted it. I'm almost back to where I was when I frogged it. It's my crochet fix.

I finished one sleeve of Jesse's Flames and tried three times to duplicate stitch the yellow part of the flames on but it looks terrible. Never mind that I've never ds before and it was very poor quality, the yellow doesn't look good against the red and black. It's too bright. What looked great in the picture, didn't appeal to me in the fiber, so to speak. So I'm just going with the red flame and forgoing the yellow. I'll use the yellow for socks.

I got some spinning done this weekend but not much. Next weekend is the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool festival and I'll be taking pictures there and I hope, bringing home a fleece and some roving.

Off to knit Jaywalkers and finish up SG-1 the first season.

TTFN

No comments: