Monday, September 17, 2007

The myz'ries...or whine and cheese

I woke up around 2:30 this morning with pain, I thought, from my fibromyalgia. It's not uncommon for this to happen. I take an Ultram and go back to bed and wait for the pain to ease off. This morning, however, it didn't ease off. It was particularly hurting in my left hip. That sent up a red flag for me...I don't think I will ever take my pain for granted and not wonder if there are nasty little cells forming committees in my bones or organs.

I didn't sleep the rest of the night but sat up watching SG-1, season 2, and worked on Jaywalkers. (Got the heel turned and well into the foot portion.) After a couple of hours, I took another pill, which my rheumatologist had said was okay to do. That took the edge off the pain but it was still there and by this time I wasn't sleepy anymore.

Got a phone call from the doctor's office this afternoon and the result of my dexascan were in (bone density.) My aromasin (anti-estrogen meds for my breast cancer recovery) leaches calcium from the bones and I'm supposed to take calcium supplements, which I haven't been terribly faithful at. Bad news is I've got significant bone loss in my left hip. Good news is the rest of me looks pretty good. So the hip pain is from bone loss and the rest of it is the fibromyalgia.

But I'm still in pain.

I think I'll go to bed early and take my ultram before the pain can wake me up.

I did some knitting today though. Ready to divide for the sleeves on Rylee's cardigan and almost done with the intarsia pattern on the sleeve for Zach's sweater. And got a lot done on the sock. I hope I feel well enough to spin tomorrow. Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow and can stay home and heal.

TTFN

1 comment:

Cookie said...

Don't make me nag you. /mother voice

I hope you can get the pain under control quickly, sweetie.