Friday, October 15, 2010

With fall comes falling leaves

Zach's toe is still very painful and he's unable to wear a shoe just yet so I ended up doing the raking today.  Groan.  I made it and the yard looks much better, but more importantly the sidewalk is clear now.  You can get tickets here for your sidewalks not being clear.  Especially in winter.  So I had to get it done.  Couldn't wait for Zach's toe to heal.  It looks a bit more swollen today but I was able to get some pus out of it so it's improving.  Albeit every so slowly.  He's taking echinacea and golden seal in addition to the antibiotic ointment and epsom salts soaks.  To be honest I don't think a doctor would do much more about it.  It's just so painful for him.  He has a very low pain threshold, in part because of his Tourette's and his most likely being borderline Asperger.  He doesn't want it in his medical records but he scores pretty high on the scale for AS.  I had suspected it for years.

I got tons of spinning done last night but not much knitting and no crocheting.  My hands just hurt too much to crochet.  I could barely hold a hook so I switched back to knitting and was able to get several rows of the poncho and the sweater done.  While watching the Destination Truth marathon on dvr.  I still have several more episodes to watch.

I'm debating whether to get a fleece instead of roving.  I've worked with crap fleece before to learn how to do it all.  A guy who used to work for Tom has sheep and while the fleece isn't good, it was good enough to learn on.  Now that I know how, I might order a fleece.  Everything I have is manual though.  I don't have a drum carder, but two hand carders.  I don't have a swift or a ball winder.  I do all that by hand as well.  Still, it might be worth it to save a few dollars.

I still have clothes on the line that need to come in to be folded and I need to make more laundry soap.  As well as cook supper tonight:  pork chops, stuffing, mashed potatoes and corn.  I'm not sure where the energy will come from to accomplish all this.  I really hate fibromyalgia.

Zach's birthday is tomorrow.  He wants a lobster dinner in lieu of a gift so we're going to take him to Red Lobster on Sunday.  He wants to stay home tomorrow.  I never dress up anymore now that I don't go to church so it will be nice to clean up a bit for once.  No dress though.  I don't wear dresses anymore.  They're uncomfortable and look terrible on me.  I'm rebelling by not wearing them every again.

I will probably spin some more tonight and work on the mittens and the shawl.  If my hands don't hurt, that is.  Knitting is okay but crocheting hurts my hands sometimes.  I think I have arthritis in them, too.  Might as well, why should my hands feel left out from the rest of my achy joints.

Off to get the clothes and then I'm going to rest a bit before I fix supper.

TTFN

No comments: