Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hopefully one good day will lead to another

Many things got accomplished today but drawing wasn't one of them.  It's all right, though.  I'll get to it when I get to it.  I have a lot of catching up to do so I spent more time working around the house than working on craft stuff, although you'd be hard-pressed to actually look at the house and see what we did.

I got two loads of laundry washed and dried on the line, brought in and folded.  I had my needle and thread by me as I folded so I could do the mending as I put things away.  It works out much better than piling up clothes that never get mended.  Zach and I tackled the back patio and garage because Tuesday is the day we set the trash out for Wednesday pickup.  It looks much better out there, but there is still so much to do.  Tomorrow we tackle the area behind the garage.

It was nice and warm again today so I'm trying to get the things done outdoors first before it cools off again.  I can work indoors on crummy days, which I'm sure are in the near future.  I have some more laundry to do including some rugs but tomorrow promises to be another great day.

I also did some minor cleaning inside but as I haven't been feeling well, I didn't want to overdo today.  I tend to do that.  Have a great day followed by several days barely functioning.  Trying to build up my stamina, not use it all up in one day.

I managed to spin for 2 hours today.  My little kick spindle takes so much longer to spin than a wheel but I like it for several reasons.  One is price...under $100, and the other is portability.  I absolutely don't have room for a wheel and I can sit on my bed and spin with my hand (I tried with my foot but ended up breaking the spindle so I spin with my hand now.)  It's much more comfortable for me with my aches and pains. 

And speaking of my lifelong companions, today was a bad day with the fibromyalgia.  I took one pain pill and was tempted to take more than that but I just got busy and was able to put the pain in the back of my mind for a while.  I will take one in a little bit though as I'm ready to crash for the night and knit/crochet until I fall asleep.  I put in a short half hour nap before working outdoors but I ended up being incredibly stiff after that.

I had hoped to take a walk tonight but that's not going to happen.  Maybe tomorrow.  If not, I'll put in some time on the step.  I've got to get busy building up endurance and stamina.  And get my lab numbers down before the doctor yells at me again.

For now I'm off to watch Torchwood and ST: Voyager and whatever else I've dvr'd.  I'm still behind on Stargate Universe and there is another episode on tonight.  I'm back up to 9 episodes awaiting my viewing pleasure.

I started some flip-top mittens for Tom for hunting and am almost done with the first one.  They look small to me but he says he likes them snug.  They fit me really well so I hope they don't cut off the circulation in his fingers.  He needs them snug for hunting, he says.  I suspect I'll be knitting myself some after I'm done with his.  They turned out really good.  The pattern is from Knitting Daily's site. 

So I'm off to cozy up and get some knitting done. 

TTFN

No comments: