Thursday, October 14, 2010

A spinning day

I finished off another bit of roving and have probably less than 3 ounces to go.  I'm making better speed now that I'm spinning regularly.  And having fewer breaks in the yarn.  I went online briefly to shop around for more roving.  I'm going to stick with undyed for now as it's cheaper and I want to learn to dye my yarn as well.  It's a way for me to get wool yarn without having to spend a lot of money for it.  Well, okay, it still costs a lot of money but not as much.

I'm still working on the mittens/flaps.  I tried knitting with a larger size needle and they came out huge so I'm back to the correct size and making some adjustments for Tom's hands.  I'm done a little bit of knitting on the houndstooth sweater (not herringbone as I previously stated) but not so much on the poncho.  I will get back to it, don't worry.

And I need to finish up the strap for my crane bag, too.  I'll be needing it soon.

I made a God's Eye last night and hung it on the wall over my altar but it needs some kind of embellishment, like some trinkets or something sparkly.  I'll look through my jewelry box to see what I've got.  I should start looking around at thrift stores as well.  Or at StuffMart since some of their jewelry is cheaper than the thrift store.

It was another day of nothing getting done.  I had a major anxiety attack and just couldn't function.  I know I need to focus more on my health and I get so tired of having goals but no ambition to carry them out. 

But I need to get back to the Destination Truth marathon that I dvr'd and get busy on my projects.  I feel good having finished up some more knitting.  While I was online looking at roving, I wandered over to the place I bought the kick spindle from and they don't sell them anymore.  Which means I had better take really good care of my spindle because when it breaks I can't replace it.  Fortunately I found more kick spindles for cheaper and they look sturdier, too.  I gasped when I priced spinning wheels.  Outrageous.  I would never be able to make it pay if I spun for the rest of my life.

Off to spin some more and crochet a bit on the pet bed.  I'm building up the sides now.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Yay for spinning, you made me go sit at my wheel!
Vicki