Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sleep deficit...again

I feel like I'm fading.  I've only been getting about 4 hours sleep this week without any naps during the day and I'm ready to just quit and stay in bed tomorrow.  Except I can't.  I didn't get anything done today aside from hanging out the last load of clothes on the line.  I didn't work in the garage to get rid of more stuff.  I didn't work in the kitchen or even make my bed.  And I don't dare take a nap because I won't sleep tonight.  This wouldn't be one of those days when I just doze off for a few minutes.  I would be down for hours.  Except for the million times Professor would bark and wake me up.

Zach is having foot problems again.  He's got one toe infected that we thought we had taken care of but it's back.  So he's taking echinacea and using antibiotic ointment and soaking his foot in epsom salts.  Without insurance that's about all we can do right now.  Then, when he gets it cleared up once and for all, I'm getting him some new shoes.  He has really wide feet and no arch to speak of so buying off the shelf is hard.  Fortunately Shopko has name brand athletic shoes with extra wide widths.  But his present shoes are about 3 years old so it's time to get new ones.  Mine are too but I can wait a month or so.

I"m making progress on crocheting a pet bed but I got absorbed in figuring out a pattern that I didn't get any knitting done last night.  Tonight probably won't be a productive night because I doubt I can stay awake to do either.  I'll be lucky if I can make it to bedtime.

And so, because I can barely see the keyboard or the screen, I'm going to cut this short and lie down for a bit while the chicken is in the toaster oven.  It's on a timer so it will be no harm if I fall asleep for hours.  At this point I just don't care.

TTFN

No comments: