Friday, October 1, 2010

Ramblings and reviews

It looks like this will be the last warm day for a while.  The sun is going into hiding and the daytime temps are dipping down to the low 50s.  The clouds have already moved in but the weather is still warm.  I love the changing weather but don't expect me to be still enamored by it in February.  I'll be ready for change then, too.

I took Professor for a walk around the block when I got home from errands but my hips started hurting halfway though so the latter part of the walk was more like a crawl.  Of course, it was a steep uphill (and I mean steep) journey the last half.

I got some books from the library on crows and ravens so I could study how they are put together so I can draw some this month.  I'll get a book on bats later.  And whatever other creatures fly at night since the theme is Night Wings.  Maybe even a vampire or two.

The moccasins didn't turn out at all.  My gauge was spot on and I double checked the pattern but the slipper ended up flaring out from the sole and no amount of crocheting two together made it small enough to stay on my foot.  It's an old book so I doubt there is any errata out there but there is no way that pattern could be correct.  I'm not the best or most experienced crocheter but I'm not that bad.  So they went away and I'm back to working on the shawl, the sweater and the poncho.  I would love to find a challenging pattern to keep me on my toes but right now I've got other irons in the fire so I will stick with those.

I must get around to cleaning house soon.  I'm still battling the fatigue (and now the pain again) and the bare minimum is all I can manage for now.  It's okay though.  It's not the end of the world if I don't get it done.  I put Zach to work today on the living room while I was gone.  The rest will happen when it happens.  There are worse things than a messy house.

Zach is also cooking supper tonight because I'm going to bed in just a few minutes (I have become my grandparents) and draw, knit and spin while catching up on the dvr stuff.  I'm catching up with Stargate Universe so I can watch the present season.  Just one a day though so I don't get burned out.  I am about ready to give up completely on Ghost Hunters, though.  They don't even try anymore.  It's all personal experiences and fakery.  These games they play with the spirits whispering in Grant's ear and the whole electronic equipment as ouija boards is so bogus.

Now Ghost Adventures I'll keep.  I'm pretty sure those guys are fueled by the power of suggestion but at least they're entertaining.  GH is just boring.  And I'll admit to liking Destination Truth because Josh is just so funny.

I have some more writing to do before I crawl into bed but I'll get there very soon.

TTFN

No comments: