Monday, October 4, 2010

Back to my normal routine

I didn't take the weekend off from the internet, but I did put in minimal time.  For me, that is.  Tom got home early on Saturday which threw off my momentum as I was going to finally clean the house Saturday evening.  As a result it's still a bit cluttered.  I don't react well to change or unanticipated detours in my life.  I should embrace the directions my life takes me instead of fretting about it.

I'll work on that later though.

He didn't get any deer, didn't even see one although he did see where one had bedded quite near his deer stand.  The world of almost really does exist.

I made progress on knitting yesterday although I did frog back the sweater because I needed something challenging and tried the argyle again.  I tried doing long stranded knitting because I saw it on Knitting Daily and it looked good there.  Problem was, no matter how loosely I carried the yarn, just like with short stranding, it still puckered.  My stitches were much too loose but the stranding would pull in rather than keep the stitches tight and I ended up with too-short carries across the back.  So I went back to the houndstooth pattern and am trying some things there, trying to perfect knitting in different colors.  I don't want to let this kick me in the hind end. 

The poncho is coming along nicely as well.  It's a 10 row pattern easily memorized and easy to pick up where you left off.  I bought some more yarn today to crochet a pet bed.  The cover on their old one was disintegrating and when I took it off the foam form it had some kind of dead bugs in it that I had never seen before so it went in the trash.  I'm going to crochet the bottom as fiber-filled coils and build up the sides with coils as well.  Actually they had beds there that were cheaper than the cheap yarn I got but they didn't look like they would hold up to a dog that likes to "prepare" his bed with energetic digging.  Plus it was pretty small.  Zach is going to help me work on it as he can single crochet pretty well and since that's all this consists of (for hours and hours) I welcome the chance to hand it off occasionally.

We were going to work on the garage today but I ended up doing three loads of clothes including my sheets so all those journeys up and down the stairs wore me out (and my knees) so I'll get to the garage tomorrow.  Trash day is Wednesday morning so we need to get it done tomorrow at the latest.  We had nice weather today with sunshine and nice breezes, although a bit cool, so the clothes dried quickly.  Except for the last load that is still in the washer.  I had to run errands today.

It's getting late so I'm off to fix supper, get the last load on the clothes line and get the dry ones in the house so I can make my bed before I have to fall into it.  I did some minor adjustments to my room, making space for two plastic dressers to house my yarn rather than the many bags that I have stuffed here and there.  The drawers are all full now and I still have yarn in bags stuffed here and there.  Does it multiply in dark places?

Off to finish up my chores so I can relax and knit some more.

TTFN

No comments: