Monday, October 25, 2010

What a difference sleep makes.

As if I didn't have enough projects on the needles, I decided to knit my parents some of those mittens/flaps because they are so warm.  I'm getting together a care package for Christmas for them so I've got to get moving on them.  I picked out my mother's colors today but the colors I wanted for my father were out of stock.  I think I've reached a stage where I have to order the yarn online as StuffMart is getting pretty lean with anything except SuperSaver stuff.  So I will go to Lion Brand's online store and get what I need.  After that I'll get catalogs and order it that way so I don't have to use the credit card.  I need more Woolease for socks anyway.

I also decided my mother needed a scarf to go with the mittens.  So I will be knitting my fingers off for the next few weeks.  Other crafts will have to be set aside for a while, although I do intend to keep up with them occasionally so I don't forget what I'm doing.  Zach's dragon scarf is simple stockinette right now so I can do that while I read.

My sleeping patterns are getting better and better.  I'm getting 8 hours every other night and I plan on getting that much tonight as well.  My energy levels are coming up albeit slowly.  I got so much accomplished this morning before anyone got up and continued until about 2 p.m. when Zach and I went to do the errands and shopping.  I made sure I got enough for a week so I don't have to go back but my meds were in there as well so it was steep today.  Still, I won't have to get as much next week when I go back. 

I just hope I didn't overdo it today and end up on the bed for the next week.  I took a pain pill when I got home because I was really hurting from the fibromyalgia.  I have a dr appointment tomorrow to get my bp meds refilled and I've been stressing out about it because she'll yell at me for gaining weight but with my sleep patterns becoming normal, I'm not eating much at all during the day so I really am optimistic that my weight will level out.  I'll lose but I won't go down to a size 6 or anything.  I'd settle for a size 14 to tell you the truth.  And as my weight goes down, my energy level has to go up.

But tonight I intend to take it a bit easy.  I forgot to lay anything out for supper so we're having our favorite: homemade macaroni and cheese.  It's a great standby for those times I'm pressed for time.  As long as I stay on top of the macaroni as it's cooking.  Last week I got busy and forgot about it and it was mush.  We ate it anyway.

The storm windows are in.  We're anticipating a storm moving in with strong winds and a drop in temperatures so I wanted the windows in before the winds picked up.  We have a lot of wind all year round anyway but we can get tropical storm sized winds occasionally.  We lost one of our lilac bushes from the winds several years ago.  I'll try to get the plastic on the windows tomorrow but with the dr appointment (which I'm so afraid I'll forget) I might wait until Wednesday.  I did get some thermal curtains for the living room as I don't think I can put plastic on these windows.  I have some snakes I crocheted last winter that I can use as well.  I'll get the curtains up at least tomorrow.

I'm feeling better and better with each passing day.  More positive and more focused.  It's hard not being able to read or concentrate at all.  I think another reason I'm doing better is I'm staying offline most of the day.  And I'm finding that the more I stay off, the less interested I am in message board discussions.  I'm getting really interested in learning again and am reading more and more in the course of the day.  Not to mention all the things I'm getting done.

So I'm off to get a veg fixed to go with the macaroni and cheese and then into bed for some knitting and an early night.  I'm also finding I like getting up early.  Even though I did swear at the alarm when it went off this morning.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I know, No sleep=grumpy guss
May we sleep sloundly soon!
Vicki