Thursday, October 28, 2010

They conspire to keep me from sleeping

A little less cranky today but much tireder.  My sleep was full of interruptions so I got considerably less than 8 hours of sleep.  Who knew getting those 8 hours would be so much work?  It started when Tom got  home and was talking pretty loudly to Zach because he had the tv so loud he had to.  Of course that woke me up.  Then at 5:30-ish a.m. Professor needed outside to potty.  At 8:30 a.m. the dr's office called with the results of my labs, which were pretty good.  My A1C was lower than the last time so I'm doing something right even if my daily numbers don't seem to reflect that.  Then at 10:20 a.m. the library called to tell my I had books in.  I gave up at that point and just got up.  I've been pretty much worthless ever since. 

I thought I might as well do errands today since I had no energy to do any work around the house.  And pizza for supper since I have to finish up some of the winterizing before tomorrow since it's going to be in the low 20s tonight.  Tom still has his windows open upstairs so I have to shut them.  I won't get plastic on the windows tonight but I'll have all the windows shut and the insulated curtains where I need them.  After that I'm falling into bed for the rest of the night.

I should have put a load of clothes on the line today because the breeze would have softened and smoothed them out but I had no energy for that.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Provided I get some sleep tonight.

I got some yarn for my dad's mittens/flaps but it's not the colors I would have preferred.  I think they're phasing out Vanna's Choice yarn and going to just Red Heart since that's all they seem to restock.  I'll use the internet before I use Red Heart again.

Well, off to finish up winterizing and then closing all the curtains since it's getting darker earlier.  After Sunday that will change with the end of daylight savings time.  Except it will be dark in the mornings.  Which is okay because that means I might actually sleep in since the animals get up with the sun.  Hoping tomorrow is more rested.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I agree, red heart=scratchy!
Vicki