Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More buncha nothin'

Another day with nothing done aside from some catching up. I sat down to watch Knitting Daily and promptly fell asleep.  Fortunately I wasn't spinning at the time.  That would have been a mess.  No, I was just lying in bed trying to fight off sleep and failing.

I don't think working with that Red Heart SS yarn will work.  I hated the feel of it.  I do okay when crocheting the pet bed and making snakes for my windows, but this particular color feels terrible.  Perhaps after a washing it will soften up but in the meantime, I just don't want to work with it.  I guess I'll pass on the knit out.  I'm not terribly social anyway.

So I started working on a dragon scarf for Zach.  I'm using black for the background and blue for the dragon.  Trying to use what I've got instead of buying some more.  I also want to get back to the mitten/flaps tonight.  I really like working on them.  Tom loved the one I finished so far.  Said he can't find gloves or mittens to fit him but this one is perfect.  I'm really losing interest in the poncho so I think it will be shorter rather than knee-length.  I'm almost to a stopping place on the back.

I need desperately to get back to frugality.  I've indulged far too much the past few months and if I don't quit it, we will be hurting this winter.  It's like dieting though...you do without for so long while everyone around you is eating well and eventually you start bingeing.  I need to stop doing both...overeating and overspending.  It's not like I'm spending thousands of dollars though.  We're talking an extra 10 here and an extra 20 there.  It adds up though.

I've got supper on the stove and it's almost ready.  I did some work in my bedroom yesterday, arranging things so I have a bit more room, but I've still got a lot to do with the rest of the house.  And laundry.  I must do that tomorrow.  And the dishwasher acted up again last night.  It gets stuck in a cycle and won't move forward...doesn't clean the dishes at all but uses up a lot of electricity sounding like it does.  I'm wondering if I need to go back to washing by hand again.  sigh

Well, early night for me tonight as I'm running on fumes.  I'm averaging about 4-6 hours of sleep a night again.  No wonder I have no energy.

TTFN

No comments: