Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's never as bad as the dread you feel before it

The doctor's appointment is behind me and so is my physical.  I thought it was just to get a refill but she decided to go ahead and do my annual physical while I was there.  I'll go back next month for my pap smear and think that will be the way for me to go from now on.   Having them in seperate visits.  Much less stressful.

I have labs tomorrow since I hadn't fasted before my dr visit and another bp check.  It wasn't high but it was higher than it should have been, which I attribute to the stress of anticipating, or rather dreading, the visit.  We talked frankly and she was very understanding about my anxiety about seeing her.  She told me to view her as a partner rather than an authority figure.  I'll try to do that.

I talked to her about my blood sugar not going down so I'm going to have an A1C tomorrow after which she'll probably up my dosage of metformin.  I apparently manage it well during the day but my diabetes is getting out of control on the whole.  We talked about the sleep issue and she said most of my health problems can be directly attributed to the lack of sleep.  So it's even more important to get those 8 hours.  I even put it to Zach to make a greater effort to get his own 8 hours of sleep.  He's had a sleep disorder from birth and I don't think he's had 8 hours regularly his whole life.  It will take a lot of effort on his part, but I don't want him having the same health problems I have.

I also got a flu shot today.  After that flu last April, I'm not taking any chances.  I had a flu shot last year but she thinks I had H1N1, which I didn't get a shot for.  Everybody was out of the vaccine around here.

Overall it was a positive experience but I'm glad it's over with.  Now to fret about the pap smear.

I made good progress on my mother's mitten/flap but I can't decide on a scarf pattern.  I'm poring over the patterns on Ravelry right now while cooking supper, trying to find one that will work with acrylic.  One of these days I'll have to start using wool just so I can knit some lacey or cabled scarves.  You just can't block acrylic and they don't look good unless they're blocked.

I didn't get anything else done today.  Although I managed to get 7 hours of sleep, I'm still dragging today.  I did too much yesterday, I think.  I must get to work on the living/dining room tomorrow though.  Plastic on the windows, too and the new insulated curtains up.  That shouldn't be too much.  Aside from the morning labs, I don't have anyplace to go tomorrow.  I can pick my meds up on Friday if I need to.  I have enough to get me there.

Now I need to focus on fixing supper (chili) and finding a scarf pattern because I don't plan on doing anything else tonight except knitting and an early night.  I am really loving having a normal sleep pattern.  I just hope it lasts.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Just had my Dr's appt also. Ugh
Vicki