Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wishing I could have a week of sleep

Yesterday was another day of incredible fatigue alongside depression so I didn't bother to blog since it would have been one big whine-fest.  I had two nights of interrupted sleep of around 5 hours each night so I was super cranky and down in the dumps. 

I slept well last night and a bit over 8 hours so I"m feeling much better today.  I hung out two loads of clothes after discovering that the dryer doesn't dry that well on the timed cycle either.  It may have worked out but the timer only goes to 30 minutes and I don't feel like running downstairs to reset it every half hour.  Back to using the clothes line.  It's a beautiful sunny, windy day today so they should dry well and wrinkle free.  I'm resigned to be using the clothes line and racks all winter.  It's not a problem for me.  In case of immediate need, I'll just run the dryer for a while until they do dry.  I'll just try to keep ahead of immediate need.

I've been getting a lot of knitting done, working mostly on my mom's mittens and scarf.  I went with just a 2x2 ribbing on the scarf because it's reversible, very soft and very warm.  And pretty darned easy to knit.  I'm almost done with the second mitten and can start on my dad's next. 

I need to get busy on Tom's amulet bag so he can take it hunting with him in a couple of weeks.  I've got a few ideas what to put in it but unless I get busy on it soon, he won't be taking it with him.

I need to get the plastic on the windows this weekend, but I'm really tired from my burst of energy this morning and would like to get the garden ready for tomorrow night's Samhain celebration.  I found some outdoor plastic in my bag of winterizing stuff so we can do that as well.

I've got a chicken in the crockpot for supper tonight.  I'm going to shred it to make a few meals out of it because our grocery bill has been out of control for a couple of months now.  Part of it, the greatest part of it, has been my meds and Tom's herbs.  They've gone up so high, they're almost as much as what I pay for my prescriptions.  If I tell him how much they are, he'll stop taking them and I don't want that as I can't get him to go to the doctor at all and this is better than nothing.

I'm still hoping to hang on until Thanksgiving before turning on the furnace but I might not make it.  The indoor temp has been around 55F every morning this week and gets up to about 60 during the day, which is about where we would be if I had the furnace on, but will it stay this way for the next three weeks?  We'll find out soon.

Off to knit some more.  I can't get any inside cleaning done on the weekend so I might go outside and finish up the garden later, but for now...knitting.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I also have had a some good sleep, actually 4 nights now, On no, now I've probably jinxed myself!
Take care
I think it is the cooler weather!
Vicki