Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And it didn't

Lead to another good day, that is.

I slept in until about 12 noon and only got up because Nature insisted.  I've been dragging all day, not getting anything done, including craft stuff.  I had to pick up a prescription today though so I had Zach go with me.  His toe is no better so we're trying harder to get rid of the infection.  He can't wear shoes right now and with the temperatures going down we need to get his toe fixed so he can wear something besides flip flops. Biggest problem is he has a hugely low pain threshold, partly due to his Tourette Syndrome and partly due to having some Asperger-type characteristics.  It's not a question of just being a wussy.  It's a question of his nerve endings being more vocal than most people's.

He's cooking supper tonight though.  I'm just too tired and am going to bed here in a few.  I spent too much time online today when I could have been spinning or drawing.  When I'm in one of these fatigue/pain periods, I have no ambition. 

I'm also having trouble keeping up with two blogs and am wondering about not worrying about the spiritual blog.  I don't want to delete it because it does serve a purpose in that I can talk about my religious/spiritual interests there but I don't necessarily have anything spiritual to say on a daily basis whereas I'm pretty chatty about my mundane things.  So I think I will keep it and use it but not worry if I don't blog there regularly.  I don't have a lot of readers there anyway.  In time maybe my energies will come back and I'll have time for both but for now, I'm going to focus more on this one.

I got some more yarn today to make some God's Eyes.  I had in mind yellow, red and black and of course had none of those colors here.  Well, I had black but in Caron and Red Heart neither of which would look good for what I had in mind.  I should have gotten a package of chopsticks but I've got enough to make a couple now.  I'm also making progress on my herringbone sweater, which looks even better now that I'm using fresh yarn. No puckering to speak of and now that I've memorized the pattern, it's moving more quickly.  Also the poncho is growing every so slowly and the shawl may or may not be done by Samhain, but I'm not putting a deadline on it because deadlines suck the joy out of knitting for me.

I had to rip back the mitten though as it was just too small.  I finished up the main part of the glove and it fits me pretty snugly so I know it will be too small for Tom's hands.  I picked up another skein of yarn because I'm afraid I don't have enough for a larger size.  Any left over I can always use for other things.

I need to get more pictures of things I'm working on.  When I first started this blog I had tons of pictures nearly every day but it got to be burdensome so I pretty much quit.  But pictures at least weekly is doable and I should do it.  I need to practice my camera skills anyway.

Well, off to spin for a while and watch some Torchwood and ST: Voyager before settling in for the other stuff I dvr'd.  Then I'll move onto things I can knit on while watching tv instead of listening to tv. 

I think I'll break down and take a pain pill as well.  Hopefully tomorrow I can be more active and even get some exercise in.

TTFN

No comments: