Monday, January 16, 2012

Stay at home Monday

The weekend was a blur with the attempt at cleaning before company came on Sunday.  I thought I had done okay, considering I'm in a really bad fatigue period right now, only to wake up on Sunday, open up the curtains and blinds and discover dust everywhere.  Too bad.  It was, for the most part, clean.

I had thought about turning my bedroom back into a living room but that would have involved rearranging the dining room, too.  Because I would have to remove some of the furniture in the "bedroom" to make enough room to turn it into a living room.  You wouldn't think it would work out that way, but it does.  In the end, after some exhausted tears, I told Tom I just couldn't do it and he was okay with that.

We had a good time, although I am still very anxious about people inside my safe places.  But we had laughs and fun and stuffed ourselves on summer sausage, braunschweiger, cheese and crackers.  I'm not a big cook anymore and this was less stressful than trying to put on a cooked spread.

My knitting has suffered lately.  I just don't have the energy for much.  I did manage to complete about 12 rows on Zach's sweater.  I'm 4 rows from starting the armhole shaping on the front.  I will get back to it today.  I'm also still working on the dvd bag and the bamboo-patterned socks.  What I really feel like right now is a nap, though.  Still not sleeping well.

I'm doing laundry today, which seems odd since Mondays have always been errand days.  I'm trying to shift it all so I don't run to town because I'm used to running to town.  Next Monday I have a dr appointment in Fond du Lac and Zach's physical on Tuesday in the next town.  It will be a hectic week for me, starting out that busy.

But for now, I'm enjoying a clean house and will shut down here in a few and work on the sweater for a bit before starting supper.  Something to do with chicken breasts since nothing else is thawed out.  We enjoyed some sunshine for a while with warmer temps.  Enough to melt some of the snow on the sidewalk, but it will freeze again tonight and more snow is on the way on Wednesday.  Still, not a bad winter so far.

TTFN

No comments: