Monday, January 30, 2012

Hoping that getting control of the pain will help get control of the fatigue

It was a lazy weekend for me.  The guys fixed supper last night and everyone fended for themselves on Saturday so you'd think I'd be ready to go, getting tons of things done today.  Nope.  I slept long last night but woke up several times.  Not in pain.  Just woke up.  So this afternoon I took a 2 hour nap.  And I'm still very tired.

Damned fatigue.

I've got supper in the crock pot though.  We haven't had a roast in ages so I bought one.  I can get two meals out of it but they're still expensive.  I've got potatoes in with it but I'll fix noodles for Zach since he can't stand potatoes.  And a veg of some kind.  Then I'm going back to bed, I think.

No word yet on the truck.  I hope they call tomorrow because Tom wants to leave on Wednesday afternoon for ice fishing.  I told them it wasn't urgent but that was before I realized this was the week he was going.  I'll call tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear anything.  Just to get an estimate on the time. 

I haven't done much knitting over the weekend.  In fact, not much at all over the past few weeks.  Again with the fatigue.  I hope as the sun shines more and temperatures rise I'll be able to get out more and maybe that will perk me up a bit.  Right now I feel like I could crawl into bed and sleep for a week.

Not that the dog would let me.

Hopefully once we're back to two vehicles and I can get my errands done, I'll find the motivation to do more. I must say, though, that taking two tramadol for the pain is working wonders.  I've had 3 nights in a row without being woke up due to the pain and when I do wake up, I'm able to get back to sleep with few problems.  Having lived with chronic pain for over 23 years, I can say it's nice to have those nights when I'm not writhing in the bed, waiting for the pain meds to kick in.  Chronic pain wears you out, causes depression, insomnia and many other debilitating things.  I'm sure three nights without pain isn't going to solve all my problems but it's a start.

TTFN

2 comments:

Ashling said...

Here's to good starts! A good start makes everything a little easier.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Ashling. Unfortunately I had a bad night last night so I'm dragging today. Sigh