Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday blahs

Not feeling perky today.  I had peanut butter toast for lunch and it's lying on my stomach like a rock so I'm not inclined to put anything else in there for a while.  Although Zach tempted me with an ice cream cone just a few minutes ago.  Not sure if I want to drive to McSnacky's but we'll see.

It occurred to me while knitting on Zach's v-neck that my length-gauge is off and that's why I knitted 12 rows per stripe.  The decreases will be off, too.  Not sure how to remedy it just yet but I'll figure it out somehow.  Nearing the shoulders the pattern calls for more rows between decreases so I might be able to make the adjustment there.  I just have to be aware of the length from the armholes up.

I had forgotten about the bathroom curtain I was knitting on so I need to pull that out as Tom is going to take vacation to work on the bathroom soon.  I'm still a ways off.  Maybe I should limit my works in progress from now on.

I went out this morning and pulled weeds in the garden but it was still pretty soggy so I only got what I could reach from the sides.  Tobacco needs to be picked again but I'm not up for it today.  I noticed while I was walking Professor around the yard that the weeds are winning the contest so I need to get out there this week and find my roses and re-plant the front flower garden.  I'm just not a gardener.

I noticed that StuffMart is carrying classic literature in the book section now.  They had Edith Hamilton's Mythology, which I forced myself to buy.  Okay, maybe forced is too strong a word.  I grabbed it off the shelf is what I did.  I found that book when I was in grade school (I was reading in the adult section from 3rd grade on) and checked it out so much throughout my school years that I practically had it memorized.  So now it's in my hot little hands.

Tom is cutting last year's tobacco right now.  I bought him a self-healing mat and rotary scissors to see if that worked out.  Cutting with a box cutter seemed to risky to me.

Well, I finished up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone + movie so I've started Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  It goes quickly at first because the books are mostly for children at first.  I love how the complexity of the novels grow as Harry does.

Off to lie down for a bit and see if I get my appetite back.

TTFN

No comments: