Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Recovering from the flat tire

I was wiped out today and got not one single thing done.  I do tend to fall apart after the crisis is over so nothing new.  Also I was waiting impatiently by the phone for a call from the surgeon but I guess he hasn't talked to the oncologist yet.  I wonder if I should see the oncologist annually instead of the surgeon.

It was supposed to be terribly hot and humid today but I didn't seem to notice and while Zach had his a/c on, I didn't even have a fan on.  We get a lovely breeze living on the side of a hill, but Zach has no cross-ventilation so he doesn't.

I'm going to bed early tonight for sure this time.  I didn't get a lot of sleep last night...too wound up...but I did manage to make progress on the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits.  I had to make sure I watched shows I didn't have to look at a lot though...mostly listened to them.

I did laugh out loud, which is rare for me, over a scene in one of the Haven episodes.  A guy brings Audrey some flowers.  She takes them and says, "I should put these in water right away."  And then she opens the window and throws them out into the bay.  They both laughed but for some reason that struck me as hysterical.  Only when I'm tired, I'm guessing.  LOL

Tonight I'm planning on working on the bathroom curtain because I have some shows that require more of my attention.  It's some counting but not a lot of looking.  And probably read a bit and then go to bed before Tom gets home.  For some reason it feels like Friday to me.  Yesterday was a very long day to me. :)

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I too fall apart the day after a crisis. Yesterday I fell apart because on Tuesday I was a manic hot mess.

2. I think we should all laugh out loud on a daily basis. It is better medicine than anything found on the shelf. I often laugh out loud at my crazy shenanigans.

Kathy said...

Tuesday was a no good, very bad day for you, too. Is that rat-bastard Mercury still in retrograde or do we need to find something else to blame?