Friday, August 19, 2011

It feels like Saturday

Tom took a vacation day today in order to get tomorrow off for his nephew's wedding so I went to get a card and do my regular shopping plus a stop at the credit union to deposit his work shoes check.  They reimburse him for his work shoes.  While there I just did all the banking I had coming up this week so I don't have to go back at all.

When we got home I went out back, tied up some tomato plants and mowed around the garden and the garage.  Zach does a good job mowing but he's too timid about mowing too close to things.  Me, I'm practically a maniac when it comes to mowing too close.  I don't mow down my plants but I get really, really close to them.  Now he's out there finishing up the mowing.  Tomorrow I'll do the weed-eating.  It's way too late to plant my flower garden so I'll just focus on getting the ground ready for next year.

Zach requested tacos tonight which is a pretty easy meal but uses up a dozen dishes so I have to find the kitchen counter before I can even begin.  Beginning with emptying out the dishwasher so I can fill it up again. But I think I'll take a break before tackling it.

I'm still working on the bathroom curtain, trying to figure out a pattern I like.  I think I finally found something.  It's fairly easy and has an open weave pattern that isn't too transparent.  I should get back to Zach's sweater, too.  I dread it because the gauge is off and I have to figure it out as I go.  My biggest problem with raglan sweaters is my length gauge.  For some reason my width will be spot on but my length will be too many stitches per inch and I end up with an armhole somewhere around the waist.

I'd love to go put my feet up and knit for a bit but Tom is in the living room and is all stretched out on the couch, which is the only seating that fits in there.  No room for a chair.  Plus he's changing channels every few minutes.  I wonder if that is embedded in the Y chromosome as my dad has done that as far back as I can remember.  My mother lamented she never gets to watch an entire show.

Well, I'll figure something out.  Maybe I'll just empty the dishwasher now since I don't have anything else to do.

TTFN

4 comments:

Carol said...

There is something about that emptying thing - empty the dishwasher, refill. Empty the laundry basket, refill. Empty the trash can, refill. Perhaps the repetitiveness is what makes housework such a chore, my least favorite thing to do. Vacuum, sweep, dust. Repeat.

Kathy said...

And no respite from it as it has to be done every day. No weekends off. sigh

Elliot MacLeod-Michael said...

I absolutely love NOT having a dishwasher and wouldn't have it any other way. It's almost as awesome as not having television. By the way, I too support marriage equality, so you are definitely being followed.

Kathy said...

Thank you, Elliot. I wouldn't mind not having a dishwasher but I knit while watching tv so I would miss that. Thanks for stopping by!