Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Feeling nearly normal again

I didn't get to the basement today but I did hang some clothes out.  I've got one load out now and will hang another one out as soon as I finish this entry.  Then I'll stick another load in the washer and hang it out.  I like to hang them overnight and let the dew soften them.  I haven't been as ambitious as I should have this summer so it felt good to get out there and do it.  I also pulled some weeds on my way in and out the door. 

Tomorrow we'll mow but I wanted to hang clothes out today and we can't mow and have clothes on the line at the same time.

I wasn't going to go anywhere today but Tom wanted me to pick up a sympathy card for a co-worker whose father died so I picked up pizza as well.  Instead of cooking tonight I'll vacuum and do some de-cluttering.  It's not as bad as it usually gets because I've been following a certain person around picking up after him but it's starting to add up so I would feel better if I had some clean surfaces in here somewhere.

I'm debating whether or not to plant my lavender in the front garden or keep it in a pot.  It's done absolutely nothing in the pot so far so I'm thinking it needs to be in the ground.  I have a location available because my wildflower died and needs to be replaced.  Maybe tomorrow.

I only got a bit of knitting done yesterday.  I worked on the blue and white baby boucle blanket but it took a while to get it out of the basket because the car key fairies tangled it all up with the pink and white boucle log cabin blanket.  Considering I only laid the blue/white blanket on top of the pink/white blanket, there is no other explanation as to how they got so terribly tangled up.  Seriously.

Tonight I'm going to dig out the bathroom curtain and get back to work on it, plus work on Zach's sweater.  If I have to I'll use another pattern to figure out the v-neck portion.  Or just wing it.  I also definitely need to spend less time online.  I keep getting sucked back in, mostly with the political stuff going on here in Wisconsin.  I don't watch news on tv because it's so manipulative...they decide which sound bites you're going to hear...so it takes me reading several newspapers online to get to what I believe is the real story.  But that takes an enormous amount of time. I'll have to figure something else out.

On to hang out clothes and then some knitting and tv watching.

TTFN

2 comments:

Carol said...

I have been working on a vest that is taking me longer to do than anything I've done before. It's miter squares and becomes tedious. I hate having more than one thing going at a time, but I might do a shawl or cowl or some such thing just to break it up a bit.

Kathy said...

I get so bored if I'm only working on one project. Plus I see a new pattern and simply have to knit it. LOL But I have gone overboard and need to either frog or finish.