Monday, August 22, 2011

I actually like Mondays

I slept most of the weekend and felt so dragged out and feverish even though I wasn't actually running a fever.  I wondered if I was having a massive flare up of the fibromyalgia when I found out from a store clerk that "something" was going around and it sounded a lot like what I was going through.  Today I feel much better in spite of interrupted sleep.  I'm functioning today albeit not at 100%, but when was the last time that happened?

I haven't done a lot yet but I do plan on going through my armoir because my clothes aren't fitting in there and I can't shut the drawers, which doesn't look so good in the living room.  I may combine some of the smaller drawers and move the yarn to another location so I can put some clothes in there.  Then I need to vacuum both the living room and dining room.  I think that will be it for the day.  I did manage some weeding while I was out with Professor this afternoon.  I'm trying to get him to stop hating the postal worker.  I still wouldn't leave him out during mail time but it would be nice if he didn't rage at the guy showing up in our yard.

I did little to no knitting all weekend because of the fatigue but managed to once again frog the bathroom curtain and start a different pattern.  I was using a size 10 needle with worsted, thinking it would feel lighter but my knitting looked too sloppy with that big a needle so I'm back to a size 6.  My yarnovers look so much better.  And I added a lot more of them to give a more open look to it.  Plus it's simple to knit.

I restarted the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits because I had made a mistake I couldn't find.  I just need to focus more while knitting on that instead of thinking I can just watch tv and knit away.  Maybe I'll save the shawl for podcasts.  I can listen and watch my knitting better than trying to "listen" to tv and knit. 

I did some reading this morning before I did anything else and it felt good to start the day that way.  I hope to start each day like that from now on instead of jumping online first thing.  In fact I would love to spend less and less time online from now on.

Tomorrow is my appointment with the surgeon in Fond du Lac.  I like him but he makes me nervous because he's so good looking.  My chemo nurses used to ask me all kinds of questions about him.  But he's 10 years older, too and his boyish good looks have mellowed out to handsome middle age.  Still makes me nervous.  I'm so socially inept.

Zach is going with me so the trip won't be so boring.  We'll stop and get a bite to eat at Burger King since there isn't one anywhere close to us.  I love their hamburgers and a small one from the value menu does me just fine.  Plus Zach and I haven't had a chat in a while.  He and I like to give each other space here at home and lately he hasn't been going shopping with me except when I need him to lug the heavy things once a week or so.

I'm fixing chili and cornbread for supper tonight.  That's mostly a chilly weather meal but it's been on my mind a lot lately and the weather has been pretty mild for August.  I've barely used the fans and the air conditioner, not at all.  I do use the fan at night because I love to sleep cold and the fan blowing on me at night helps me sleep well.  Partly it's the white noise and partly just the sensation of the wind on me.  After supper I'll tackle the living and dining rooms and then settle down for knitting and tv.  I've already showered so I don't have to do that tonight but I will have to iron a t-shirt to wear because my shirts are crammed in the drawer and badly wrinkled.  I don't have room in the closet to hang them up either because Zach's closet is overflowing so he's sharing mine.

This is a tiny house.

Well, off to get the cornbread out of the oven.

TTFN

No comments: