Monday, August 29, 2011

Resting didn't help

I don't feel rested after trying to take the weekend off.  I didn't do any real cleaning but I had errands to run and traffic in our town was crazy due to John Deere taking over the main roads out of town for their anniversary bash, which was mostly for employees and retirees.  Townspeople were allowed in the parking lot and the bouncy castle, but not the tent.  I nearly ran over a police officer who stepped out into the crosswalk as I was pulling around the corner.

Plus there were some tensions here at home to deal with.  Normal stuff, but stress nevertheless.

I'm trying to get stuff done little by little today but it feels like I'm working underwater.  Every effort is a struggle.  Laundry must be done today but those steep steps seem even steeper and longer each trip to the basement.  I'm using the dryer because I just don't have the energy for the clothesline.  I will get the vacuuming done at least and I've been puttering in the kitchen so it's almost done.  I would like to mop the floor in there but we'll see.  I can do it tomorrow if I don't get it done today.

Still no word from the surgeon on my prescription refill.  I'm calling tomorrow morning because I'll be out of meds by Friday and it does take a day or two to get them refilled.  I'm pissed at him because I felt like he brushed me off during the office visit and isn't taking my situation seriously at all.  He wants me to come back next year but if he's not going to refill my meds, there is no point in driving all the way up there for the same breast exam I get from my own doctor.  And at least she takes more time doing it.

That hanging over my head didn't help my weekend at all either. 

My allergies are acting up the past few days.  I'm taking my meds regularly but the past couple of days has been miserable with headaches and stuffy sinuses.  I did take an extra spray on my flonase thinking that might help.  It did last night.  Today not so much.  I'm going to take a decongestant in a bit because that helped a bit yesterday.  I might get my neti pot out and use it, too.  That might provide more relief than the flonase.

I've been working on the bathroom curtain exclusively because I want to get the bathroom done by the end of September.  After that it will be too cold to paint in there.  I have to take the window apart and re-glaze it, paint it and re-install it, which will be a huge pain in the rear.  Not to mention getting all the mildew off the walls.  No matter how often I scrub the walls in there, the mildew just keeps coming back.  I'm hoping painting it will fix the problem or at least slow it down.  We've been using the exhaust fan and I have a window fan pointing out but it's still a problem.  Which is probably why my allergies are so bad right now.  I hope to get started on the walls this week.  I got some new stuff specifically for mildew so I hope that helps.

I am getting anxious to get back to Zach's sweater.  I'm thinking of taking it back to before the v-neck and just doing a crew neck instead.  I have a pattern I can use just for the neck, plus I think I can figure it out on my own.  I just can't adjust for the gauge difference.

And there is a pattern I would like to get back to that is languishing in my closet floor.  I really need to either frog all wips that are lying about or finish them.  Maybe I should vow not to start anything new until I'm done with one project.  There's an idea.

Well, I need to go start another load and put the wet clothes in the dryer, than tackle the living and dining room.  Mondays usually involve finding the dining table again.  Tom likes to use the dining table as a desk/catch-all so it's usually covered by Monday morning.

TTFN


No comments: