Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finally....Harry Potter

We finally got there, to the movies to see Deathly Hallows, pt 2.  We even had a private viewing which is what you get when you wait out the crowds and go to the matinees.  Not to mention half the price.  It was amazing!  I'm not a purist in that I don't need the movie to be a copy of the book.  I understand compilations have to happen or the movie would be long and boring so I was just fine with all the changes made.  Not to mention J. K. Rowling had script approval so if it was okay with her, it was okay with me.

We stopped at Pizza Hut as we are accustomed to for a bite and then home.  Before we got here we decided to go into town for an ice cream so this turned out to be a 5 hour endeavor.

I can hardly wait for the dvd to come out now.  I'm going to bide my time by re-reading all the books and watching all the movies, including the documentaries. I just wish they had commentaries, too.  Normally I start my annual trek through the LOTR extended edition dvds, including all docs and all commentaries.  It usually takes me until around January to finish them up so I might skip a year and do them every other year now.

I have a dvd from the library I have to finish up soon, maybe tonight so I can get it back.  There's a waiting list so I hate to keep it the full length of time.  It's a knitting dvd by Vicki Square and even though it's a very basic course, I've picked up a few good tips.  Not to mention the motivation to do something more than blankets.

Well, I need to clean the kitchen before I hit the bed.  Fortunately I had half my P-zone leftover and Zach had a couple of slices of his pizza left so that will be Tom's supper tonight.  No cooking!  Yay!

Off to finish up my meager chores and then to bed.

TTFN

No comments: