Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm entitled to my crabby moods and don't try to tell me differently

Just kidding....maybe.

Tom is going to a wedding this weekend so I'm going to dry clean his suit in the dryer (the over-the-counter stuff you can buy in the laundry section) and wash his shirt for him.  I'll tackle it tomorrow when I do laundry.  I also plan on digging out the basement a bit.  I can't keep up with the standing puddle because there is so much junk in the way it's hard to squeegee past it all.  So I'll just move it out of the way. I should have a bin full of trash to get rid of, too.

I was invited to the wedding but the reception is a fancy do and I literally got sick to my stomach when I read the invitation.  I have developed phobias late in life and crowds and new places are part of those phobias.  I do well enough staying in my safe places and dealing with the things I have to deal with because I have no choice, but social events are very, very difficult for me.  This started when we left our old fundie church.  I did okay at the new church but kept creeping further and further into the background.  Now we don't even go there anymore and I just can't find a social event that doesn't fill me with terror.

Shopping and errands don't bother me at all and I'm so used to the hospital and doctor's office that they don't bother me either, although the trip to Fond du Lac is a pain in the ass, but for some reason getting together in a social event literally makes me sick to my stomach.  I did go to my sister-in-law's birthday party this summer and while it was fun, I was literally full of butterflies the whole time.  I managed to sit in a corner nearly the entire time I was there.  That helped, having walls behind me.

I also need to work in the yard and soon.  The weeds will be taller than the house before long and I can't find the rose bushes anymore.  Okay, I can find the rose bushes...that was hyperbole.  Still, I need to get more functional.  It's hard to do when most of my nights are interrupted by fibromyalgia pain and I have to wait for the pain pills to kick in, but I need to push past that and just get stuff done.  I will feel better about myself and maybe that will kick-start me moving into making healthier choices and therefore losing weight and getting my other health issues taken care of.  Instead I'm just a lump that keeps getting lumpier.

I didn't knit yesterday at all.  I was in a bad mood (and not much better today) and tried very hard not to take it out on anyone else but I'm sure Tom will say that I didn't succeed.  At least I didn't throw things.  There is that.  I have no idea why I'm in a bad mood so I don't know how to get out of it.

Well, supper is nearly ready.  I'm not eating...just not in the mood but I had to cook for Tom and Zach.  Sometimes Zach does the cooking but tonight I just didn't want anyone around so he's off the hook.  So I guess I need to stick Tom's potatoes in the toaster oven and then I can make up the bed and crash for the night.  Maybe some blanket knitting  (I need the mindless stuff tonight) and some light reading.

TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, not throwing things is a sign of a good mood in my opinion.

Everyone is going batshit crazy right now with Mercury in Retrograde so maybe you'll find some comfort in knowing we'll all be waiting for you in the psych ward (or jail cell as it may be).

Carol said...

Maybe it's time to ignore the "must dos" - believe me, they'll be there when you get to them - and do just what feels good. Maybe it's time for a couple of "me" days. It's important to do for yourself too, you know.

Kathy said...

I had forgotten about Mercury. Plus it was the tail end of the full moon so no wonder I was grumpy. Thanks, DM...can't wait to see you all in your lovely white jackets that tie in the back. :_

Carol, I would love to take some "me" days but I'm not sure I know how. My life consists of doing the must dos and worrying about doing the must dos. LOL