Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Not happy with my doctor

I'm beyond pissed right now.  I'm seething.  I called the surgeon's office this morning and talked to his receptionist, explained the problem to her and told her I really wanted my prescription refilled as I was almost out of meds.  And that I'd been waiting a week to hear back from him.  Still another day without any communication and the meds haven't been called in to the pharmacy.  If he's got too many patients that he can't take care of them, then I'll get another surgeon.  Or if he's not going to prescribe the pills, I'll see whether the oncologist will see me.  This is not professional at all.  He couldn't spent 10 minutes in there with me for my 15 minute appointment and can't even manage a phone call to tell me what's going on.

I slept late this morning because I was tossing and turning because of this.  I managed to knit on the Invisibility Shawl for a bit last night but being laceweight, it doesn't look like I made any progress.  I was watching some Masterpiece Mystery that I had dvr'd.  I tried watching Zen but it bored me to tears so I deleted all of them and am watching Inspector Lewis now.  I don't know why Zen didn't hold my attention but it was pretty slow moving and kind of predictable.  No problem.  I still have plenty of stuff to watch on dvr.  Plus all the dvds.

I did read a while last night.  I haven't done that in ages.  I probably got through about a third of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  I have some library books to read as well so it's good that I spent the time reading. 

I also got some laundry done today.  It was cloudy and rained a bit so I used the dryer.  But since it wasn't warm at all the dryer didn't heat up the house much at all.  Fixed spaghetti for supper but my stomach is upset from the stress and I'm just not hungry.  I've got errands to run that I can't do because I've been sitting by the phone for the past week.  I'm hoping I'll hear from him tomorrow so I can go.  If he won't refill them, I'm running out of time to get in touch with the oncologist who will.  He'll probably want to see me before refilling them though and getting in to see him will take a few weeks.  It only takes me a few days to get in to the surgeon.

I'm just too pissed to write so I'm going to go make up the bed and crawl in there.  Hopefully Inspector Lewis will take my mind off of it.

TTFN


No comments: