Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I really wanted to stay home tomorrow

We got some snow today.  Not much, not even enough to cover the ground but enough to stick on the edges of sidewalks and against trees.  And it was very windy, which is just the way it is most of the time up here.  I liked it since I was all bundled up with my warm coat and geeky but warm hat.  Not to mention my mittens with their flaps.

I went to the thrift store today looking for pajama tops.  They are woefully lacking in sleepwear and since I don't want to spend $17 for a pair at StuffMart, I'll just make do with sweat pants and layers of shirts plus my fleece wrap I wear in bed while knitting.  I really don't need more clothes anyway.  Got no place to put them.

I've got a load of clothes on racks and hangers so it's close quarters in here.  Probably will be for a week or so since I have Tom's hunting clothes to wash as well as ours.  Probably three more loads at 2 days to dry...yep, six days.

I bought some more red, white and green Sugar and Cream but didn't manage to get home from the store with it.  I'm so pissed about that because that's one of the main reasons I went again.  I'm midway on the second dishcloth and don't have enough to finish.  I fortunately have some other colors I can work on until I get back to the store, but I wanted something festive for my mother's kitchen for the holidays.  Plus I want to make enough for her to give as gifts for those people who show up for Christmas unannounced.

I got 50 pounds of cat litter, too, for Tom's truck.  I don't want another accident due to the truck not being heavy enough on snow.  I can't believe how light the back end of that truck is.  That makes about 120 pounds on the back axle so I'm hoping that's enough.

Zach has finally gotten whatever it was I had so he's not feeling very well.  And I seem to be having a relapse of sorts.  Coughing a lot.  No headaches and it's all clear so no infection.  I'm wondering if it's an allergy.  We do have mold right now.  I plan on getting the scrub brush and bleach water out next week to clear it all up.

My new cheap shoes were killing my feet today.  It's the longest I've worn them since buying them so this was the test and they failed.  I just can't wear them.  I was nearly in tears by the time I got home.  I'll clean them up and take them to the thrift store but I'm going to have to pony up for the good stuff.  One thing I can't stand is shoes that don't fit.  I lived through that too much when I was a young adult.  I won't go back there.  I've got old faithful on now but if it's icy out there, I'll have to figure out something else to wear tomorrow.  I'm tired of falling every year.  And my kneecaps are tired of it, too.

Off to finish up supper of chili, cheese and a salad tonight.  It's fast food for me since I'm really tired and don't feel like putting a bigger bash together.  Good thing everyone here loves chili.

TTFN

2 comments:

Rue said...

Yes - LOTS of weight for the truck! Ice is not your friend.

Too bad about the shoes. I've had it happen too - sometimes they just don't work. Hope you find something more suitable.

Stay dry!

Kathy said...

I'll have to break down and pay for the good shoes. I can still get them cheaper but I was just trying to cut too many corners, I think.

We have a snow storm on the way! I'm finding it hard to get excited anymore.