Sunday, November 14, 2010

So it wasn't the little blue pill after all

Apparently it wasn't the little blue sleeping pill that made me feel so cruddy yesterday.  It was the flu!  So much for the flu shot I got a couple of weeks ago.  I had felt "flu-ish" but because I had had the shot I didn't think it was the flu but just a reaction to the OTC sleeping pill I took.  I ended up dozing off and on last night until about 5 a.m. when I finally got into a deep sleep that lasted for an hour and a half before Professor tried to wake me up.  I ignored him and he crept back into bed under the covers where he lasted until 8 a.m.  Tom tried to take him out but he wouldn't go.  He waited until I got up at 10 a.m.  Then I went back to bed for another couple of hours.

I spent a lot of time last night clearing my throat due to a tickle that finally became a cough about 3 a.m. and I've been coughing ever since.

So I ended up going to the store after all because Tom has been sick for a few days but hasn't mentioned it to me, trying to tough it out.  He didn't have anything for a cold so I just went ahead and did the shopping, including the stuff he's going to take with him hunting, because I hadn't realized that he leaves this coming Friday for that.  I shouldn't have to go back at all until next Sunday now.  I made sure to get a lot of staples for cooking.  I can bake my own bread though as I didn't have enough room in the freezer for more bread.

I didn't do a lot of knitting yesterday because I felt so crummy.  Any naps I took made me feel worse but the sleep I got between 5 and 12 seemed to do the trick and I've managed to stay awake the rest of the day.

I finished up Zach's hat a few minutes ago while watching one of the 20 episodes of Doctor Who I've got dvr'd.  I managed to watch The Lovely Bones last night, without knitting or anything.  I really liked it but I want to read the book, too, which is always out at the library.  I should put a hold on it so I can finally read it.  Or get the audio version.  It's in.  I'm going to start the afghan again.  I didn't like the red background with the green Green Man so I'm going with a green background and a red Silvanus instead.  But my size 8 needles were too big for the yarn and I just found my size 6 circulars so I can start it.  I should finish up my mittens tonight as well.  Then I've got to plan a hat to go along with them.  Or a scarf.  I only have enough yarn for one choice.  I'm thinking a rasta hat.  There's a pattern on the Knitty Gritty site for one.

I have plenty of yarn to make some scarves but they won't match my mittens but that's okay.  I wear scarves around the house a lot while I'm puttering around cleaning.  If my neck is warm and I'm layered, I'm in good shape and can keep the thermostat down.  I've got it on today because of Tom and me feeling puny.  So far Zach is okay, thankfully.

I'm making chili tonight for supper.  It's wet and cold and rainy and windy out and I can't think of a better day for it.

Off to finish reading the paper online so I can go back to bed.  I'm really enjoying not spending time online.  Getting tons of reading and other stuff done.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Durn, not the flu! Hope your all better by now!
Vicki