Tuesday, November 9, 2010

She keeps knitting even if she gets nothing else done.

I did remember to go online yesterday but I couldn't think of a thing to say beyond, "I'm tired,"  and "I hurt."  I'm getting tired of writing it so I can guess you get tired of reading it.

I've finished up 4 sets of mittens and have finally started mine.  I also started a blanket in spite of saying I didn't need another one because need has nothing to do with it.  I just want to knit one.  I'm using a graph of the Green Man as the center and plan on using Yggdrasil Afghan for the rest of it.  I'm using red background with green (duh!) for the Green Man.  It doesn't show up as well as it would if I had the colors reversed but I think in the long run, this is what I want.  I could be wrong.

I haven't done any spinning lately.  The kick spindle sits on the piano and tries to snag me as I walk past it to walk into my bedroom.  So far I've avoided its grasp but tonight I need to pay attention to it.  I'm making good progress.  I should be done with my pound of Welsh Top by January.  Then I'll learn dyeing.  I plan on dyeing before plying because I think it will make a more interesting yarn.  I'm also going with kool-aid dyeing as I don't want to start with any harsh chemicals just yet.  In time I'll get there, but not yet.

I also need to get back to my other projects before I forget them and have to frog the whole thing.  I've totally lost interest in the poncho though.  I doubt I would ever wear is so I might go ahead and frog it.  I have enough to turn it into a long sweater, which I would wear.  Or a cape.  We'll see.  For now I'm focusing on what I already have going.

I have some clothes on the line and more in the basement.  I should get out and swap them as the ones on the line are dry now.  Still dealing with the debilitating fatigue though.  I am not getting much of anything done at all.  Zach is going to fix supper tonight.

I have to run to the library Thursday.  I tried to renew A Touch of Frost but someone has it on hold so I must do a marathon to finish it up  After that I've only got one episode of Doctor Who on the list.  It's the second part to The End of Time where the Doctor regenerates to Matt Smith.  Then I can start watching the new season.  Which they rerun on BBCA.

I have tons of documentaries on dvr because I'm trying to restart my brain.  I'm also studying some spiritual things and some things about nature.  I think my brain is starting to retain a bit of what I'm reading and my concentration is getting better.  My mind didn't bounce back from chemo very quickly.

Off to finish up the laundry and then on to bed.  I love it that it's getting dark by 4:30 p.m. these days.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Wow, mittens galore!
Keep it up
Vicki