Thursday, November 11, 2010

After the sleepathon

I'm feeling a bit more rested which should be the case since I've slept so much the past couple of days.  I just couldn't stay awake much.  I went to bed at about 6:30 last night, slept for a couple of hours, was up for a couple and then back to sleep for most of the night.  With the exceptions of getting up to let Professor out for a wee.  Three times.

There is so much I need to do here but I really thought it was just best to stop feeling guilty over it and obey my body's requests and just rest.  I'm starting to feel a bit better so I hope to get much done in the next few days.

I've decided to go ahead and put the plastic on the windows because it will bother me all winter that I haven't done all I can.  But in light of the spring weather we've been having it's just as well I haven't done that yet as we've had to open up some of the windows.  So starting tomorrow...plastic.

Also I need desperately to dust and vacuum.  We have dust elephants here.  And they're not months' old.  They're just in the past week.  I have no idea why we get so much dust here.  Unless it's the prairie wind we get all the time.

I'm also nearly done with the mittens.  I've started a hat for Zach.  Just one for indoors so I'm trying to figure out a decorative, but manly, design.  We've both got really good hats for outdoors.  Not flattering, but warm.  We also need new shoes or we're going to be falling on our behinds first snow.  Neither of us has any tread on our athletic shoes anymore. 

And my dvd player quit reading dvds the night before last.  I tried a dozen different dvds (considering it had worked just fine the night before) and finally put them in the dvd player in the living room where they worked just fine.  So I trudged upstairs to get Tom's dvd player, which he never uses, and lo! and behold, it wouldn't read either.  And it's under a year old.  Both of them Magnovox.  Zach googled and saw that Magnovox has a lousy rating and bad reviews because of the same problems.  So I got a Sony dvd player last night.  Not an expensive one though.  I hated spending the money on it but I have dvds at the library that I had to pick up and wouldn't be able to watch.  I did try to put the Emerson dvd player from the living room in my room but we no longer have the original remote for it and for some reason it wouldn't load up without me using the menu.  And the universal remote didn't have all the correct buttons to disengage the menu.

So I'm considering this my Christmas/Yule present for the year.

I saw a show on loom knitting today that made me want to buy one but I couldn't justify it.  What I did consider, though, was making one of my own, especially as I could use pegs the size I wanted.  The looms at StuffMart were for bulky knitting and I don't have any bulky yarn.  Well, not much anyway.  I have one skein I've hung onto for about 5 years.  I might use it to knit a pair of slippers for someone. 

I dug through my wips and decided I like the poncho anyway.  Especially as I'm nearly done with the back. I saw a poncho/wrap on Knitting Daily that I liked and thought I could make modifications to my poncho that were similar and make it more a tunic rather than a poncho.  Which I do like the idea of very much.

My houndstooth sweater seemed to look at me pleadingly when I got it out so I might need to start working on my old projects as well as the new ones.  I can rotate them so I don't get bored with them.  There are just too many patterns out there.

Supper is on the stove so I'm off to finish it up.  Then I'm crawling into bed to finish up my commentary on LOTR and watch the stuff on dvr.  Tom sat down with me yesterday morning and watched Mysteries of the Museum from the Travel Channel.  He liked it.  Tonight I'm dvr-ing a hunting show for him on PBS that is about the new rules and herd activity in Wisconsin.  I seriously thought about getting a dvd-r instead of just a dvd player but they still cost a bit too much so that will have to wait until we are better off financially.  Ha!  Like that's ever going to happen.

One must remain positive though.  I must believe we won't always be in dire straits like this for the rest of our lives.

Off to finish cooking and then dig into the pile of Hamish Macbeth books I got from the library today.  I'm really enjoying not being online much.  Except I do miss the social interaction.  I do still have friends I'm in contact with but I don't spend any significant time on message boards anymore.  I'm hoping my blood pressure will go down as a result. 

TTFN

No comments: