Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Settling in for the holiday weekend

Just got back from shopping, Pizza Hut and the library where I accidentally knocked a book behind the bookshelves, where they will have to take out the entire bottom shelf to get to it.  I am so graceful.

Pizza Hut was okay.  I'm not a huge fan of pizza these days but this was Zach's T-day feast so we went where he wanted to go.  Someday we'll go where I want to.  I only ate one piece so we had plenty to bring home and it was a lot cheaper than Applebee's.  I'm ready to snuggle in until Sunday at least.  No place to go for a few days.

Although I need to start walking Professor and myself.  I got him a coat today because, being half Chihuahua, he tends to get cold out there.  His mother was a Pomeranian but he's short-haired, even if he is nearly as big as she is.  So for walkies he'll wear the coat.  For his daily business, he can go without since it's only for a few minutes.

I got lots of veggies to snack on because I'm getting sick of snacks.  Plus after T-day I want to knuckle down and get busy about improving my health.  I want more out of life than my tired old body is letting me do.

I'm ready to crawl under the covers for now, though, with my new knit sheets that feel as good as flannel.  They were so comfy last night and I was warm enough I kicked off one of the blankets.  I should be toasty this winter.

I bought another bird feeder because the wind keeps knocking the top off the gazebo-type I've got out there so the bird seed spills out onto the ground.  I got another shelter house-type like the one I already had.  We just have too much wind here to keep using the other one.

It doesn't look like we'll be getting snow this week, which is okay with me for now.  I do want a white Christmas but I'll settle for a green Boxing Day...not that it works that way.

Off to knit and crochet and hopefully an early night tonight because I have to clean house tomorrow.  I haven't gotten anything done all week.  I didn't even get any laundry done today because I couldn't bear going outdoors to hang out clothes in 27 degree weather.  With a wind chill of 20F.  Like I said...we get lots of wind here.

I'll just use the racks after I get the house cleaned up and maybe after I get in better shape and can handle the cold better, I'll hang more clothes outdoors.  For now, I'm making do with what I've got at hand.  And what my body can tolerate.  I told Zach though that we need to get outdoors every day so the house will feel warmer to us.  If we vegetate indoors all winter, it will feel cold all the time.  If we get really cold, then the house will feel pretty warm most of the time.

Off to crawl into bed for now.  I'll deal with the house tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: