Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I can't keep functioning on a sleep deficit

If you want me to vote for you, don't call me every frelling morning at 9 a.m. waking me up after a few hours of sleep.  Maybe now that the election is almost over I can finally get some sleep.  I hate those automatic calls and they're never from the party I support, only the other party trying to tell me how idiotic my political beliefs are.  Not the way to get my support.

I'm running again on about 4-5 hours of sleep a night and I'm beyond cranky.  I'm so tired I'm not sure I can get the clothes on the line.  I might give the dryer one more try.  I'm washing smaller loads since I do tend to overload the washer a bit.  I just know I can't get out there to hang them out and it's going to be much colder tomorrow.

I haven't put any plastic on the windows and I'm probably not going to do it this year.  I bought some of the cheap insulated curtains at StuffMart in hopes they will do the job.  I hate plastic on the windows because I can't use the blinds or shades then.  And they don't work that well unless you put it on the inside and outside of the windows.  I've woken up every morning in the winter with frost on the plastic, which tells me it's not effective.  And I know I'm doing it right.  So between the blinds and the curtains, I'm going to see if this does the trick.   Heaven knows by January the plastic has been punched or poked and the tape is coming off anyway.

Snow is predicted for Thursday.  Sort of.  It's a slight chance.  I'm not looking forward to it as I haven't got the furnace ready yet.  I need to replace the filter first.

The yarn I wanted to use for my dad's mittens is finally in but I'm almost done with one mitten in the other color.  I was tempted to get it because it looks so interesting to work with but I resisted and got some extra blue for Zach's mittens to go with his dragon scarf.  I have been knitting steadily trying to get them done so I can get them in the mail before the weather turns too bad down in Indiana.  I'm almost done with my mother's scarf.  Just a few more inches.  Then I'll start Daddy's scarf and when that's done the pressure will be off.  Then I can work on mine and Zach's in addition to my other projects.

Now that I've got the winterizing bought, we've got to go in tightwad lockdown.  It's going to be another rough winter financially even being frugal.  Tom has deer hunting season ahead and that's a significant amount of money that will be spent.  I'm going to forgo Christmas for me, maybe get Zach something small but we just have to bite the bullet from now on. 

I need to get the curtains up before I lose the daylight and supper needs to be started soon so I'm off to try to work past this debilitating fatigue.

TTFN

No comments: